35 ~ Los Angeles

[Los Angeles, California]

*Ricky*

We mananged to soon fly to Los Angeles, and started to prepare for the award show.

While the girls went shopping, the guys and I relaxed after we rehearsed for the show, since we'll be performing, and then shopped afterwards before headed back to wait for them in Chris's hotel room, which he and Briar shared with me, Jaime and Vinny.

Ryan, Talitha, Shae and Justin were in the room across from our's.

"Oh hey, this one's got a lot of space," I said as I sat on the couch, looking through my laptop, waving a long cat toy nearby as Bluebell swatted at it.

Briar and Chris bought Bluebell along with us this time to get her more used to airline travel for future tours. Thankfully, she slept through most of the flight, and barely made so much as a squeak.

We also bought Fester along since those two became thick as thieves, but Fester was with the girls while they shopped.

Chris looked over my shoulder at the screen as he dried his hair with a towel after a shower.

"Huh... Looks good. Where is that?" Chris asked me.

"Allegheny County, about half an hour from Steel City. About 450 acres of farmland.... Stable and barn included.... 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms... Nice living room, too," I said, then pursed my lips before looking up at him. "Dude, Scranton's in your blood... You sure you want to move from there?"

"Come on, its not like I didnt live in L.A. for a while," he said with a shrug. "Besides, I'm still in Pennsylvania, aren't I? Its just a couple hours away."

"True," he said, waving the toy around for Bluebell, who swatted at it.

"Plus, this is for Briar Rose's safety on top of everything," Chris said. "And it won't be forever. Briar and I talked, and this is mostly just until the case closes and things die down completely. We're gonna give it about 2 years, maybe 3, enough time to settle, and then consider things from there. Plenty of time for the case to go cold again, and for Briar to settle into the new job before deciding if she wants to continue or not. Its all up to her."

"Yeah, good point..." I nodded. "Maybe the promotion will keep her mind off of everything..."

"Yeah, I'm hoping so," Chris said as he finished with the towel.

"I'm more worried about any unnecessary run-ins while we're here," Vinny scoffed, pausing his video game and looking over as Bluebell then curiously approached him.

"Fuck.... I agree. Let's not forget who stayed here after Kylie ended things and moved," Ryan said.

Chris then stopped and turned to them with a stern look on his face, knowing who they were talking about.

"I doubt he's going to be around us," he scoffed. "And even if, that asshole gets no where near Briar Rose if he knows what's good for him... Same goes for the other girls."

Everyone nodded in agreement when the door opened and the girls walked in with shopping bags in hand.

"We're back!" Shae chimed happily.

"And we bough food," Talitha smiled as Briar took her mask off and Chris greeted her while Jaime joined me, letting Fester put of his carrier as he hurried over to play with Bluebell as they started to play tag with each other.

"How was it?" I asked.

"Really fun! We found amazing dresses for the award show. Briar definitely got an amazing choice," she said, then peered over. "That the house?"