21 ~ Photographs

*Briar*

"And two.... And pose...." the trainer said as I hung in a pose from the silks. "Beautiful, Briar!"

I smiled and pulled myself up and lowered to the ground. "Hehe, thanks!"

Despite the European leg of the tour in a few months, Talitha and I wamted to start training our new bits now to be ready to rehearse with songs, so signed up for a nearby performance gym to practice.

"I swear its like you're a pro at this! You sure this was just a high school hobby?" Talitha laughed.

I shrugged. "I found a lot of free time on the weekends," I said.

"Jeez," she laughed. "Honestly though, you're definitely doing good with the shows, and Chris really does seem happy with you."

I smiled but then frowned. "A-Are you sure?"

"Of course," she said. "Why do you ask?"

"He's seemed like he's been on edge lately," I sighed. "That's why I scheduled this game night at his place tomorrow, see if a Flyers game helps him loosen up...."

"I'm sure he's just itching to be back on the road," Talitha said, shrugging it off. "Ryan gets the same way after a tour, too."

I sighed and nodded. "I guess so.... I don't like it when he's stressed or worried. I just want him to feel better....."

She smiled and then placed her hand on my shoulder. "Hey.... If anything, Chris is a way better person after meeting you. I mean, he was already great to begin with, but ever since he met you he's just been.... Different, in a good way.... Just a good vibe, you know?"

"You think so?" I asked.

"Definitely. He really cares for you, and wants you to be happy and safe as well," she said. 

I smiled softly up at her. "Thanks.... I..... I just want him to be happy, that's all...."

She smiled and rubbed my shoulder as I took a deep breath.

"The guys should be here soon," she said, looking at the time on her phone. "I'm gonna practice on some of the hoops a little more."

"Sounds good," I said. "I'll keep working on the silks until then, then try on the balance beams again."

"Alright," she smiled and headed over with the trainer as I hoisted myself on the silks again.

*Chris*

"Dude, what's bugging you?" Ryan asked. 

"I-Its nothing okay, I.... I'm just scared that Briar isn't be fully honest on something," I said.

"Well, I'm sure its just something private," she said. "She'll talk to you about it once she's ready to. Its usually how it always works with anyone."

"I know but.... Ugh, I don't know, even Ricky had gotten paranoid at some point," I said.

"Oh great..... Look dude, forget Ricky and his conspiracies, he's too paraboid for his own damn good. I'm sure its nothing," he said. "A good Flyers game oughta get you out of this funk. I swear, she's one hell of a woman if she's scheduling a game night for you."

I sighed and nodded. "You're right.... "

"Of course I am," he scoffed  as we walked in. "Hey, other topic, heard the news lately?"

"Depends... What's up?" I asked, deciding a topic change did seem good about now.

"They opened some cold case down in Florida," he said. "Some missing girl from a couple years back. Dude that died of cancer confessed to knowing where she really is, got the police looking into it, possibly even the feds."