11 ~ Rambling

*Chris*

The next day I ran some errands in the morning while Briar went to work.

I kept processing the night before. My time with Briar, how much if a great time we had.... Our kiss....

Once I was done I headed to S&U to meet with her.

I walk in and see she was doing some inventory.

She put her clipboard down before trying to reach up a high shelf for a specimens jar.

She grunted as she stood up on her tip toes trying to reach before she sighed and pouted quietly.

Awww... Hehe....

I couldn't help but laugh quietly to myself before walking up behind her and grabbing the jar for her.

She gasped in surprised and spun around, looking up at me.

"Need this?" I smirked.

"You scared me," she scolded me softly with a small smile as I handed her the jar.

"Sorry," I chuckled. "You almost done?"

"Just have these last jars to count and I can take my break," she assured.

"Well then let me help you out here," I said.

I helped her with the last set of jars and once we put them all back (she got a step ladder once they were all counted), she clocked out for her break and we headed to the café we've been to a few times together, ordered some food, and then sat down.

"So.... Last night's date was.... It was great," she smiled shyly.

I smiled over at her. "Yeah, it was... I had a good time...."

She looked down at her food.

After some silence, I decided to just finally tell her.

"Look, Briar, umm.... I'm gonna be honest here," I said, then took a deep breath. "I like you.... A lot...."

Her eyes widen in surprise.

"I didn't want to make you uncomfortable or anything, though, since you wanted to respect my boundaries, and you're also a pretty private person," I admitted. "You're a really special girl, and.... I-I really care about you....

She blushed and smiled up at me.

God, I'm fucking this up so bad....

"I understand, of course, if you don't feel the same way, and I am sorry if I-"

She then surprised me when she leaned up and kissed my cheek.

I looked at her in surprise as she smiled up shyly at me.

"Did that shut you up?" she giggled playfully.

I blushed furiously as I looked down. "N-Not cool..."

She giggled softly as she then looked up at me. "You were rambling... Even though its cute," She said playfully.

I felt my face blush furiously and looked away as she giggled and then spoke.

"I... I like you, too, Chris," She said. "A lot..."

"Wait, really?" I asked, surprised.

She nodded. "I just didn't want to seem like I only liked you because of your status," she said. "Getting to know you and spend time with you, it was such a great time... I really enjoy being with you

I smiled, feeling relieved as she looked up at her.

That's when I decided to ask.

"So.... Would you...." I tried.