10 ~ Date Night

*Chris*

After a unanimous vote, we decided out dancers would be Talitha and Briar Rose.

We leave in 2 weeks and I already called Balz and asked him about it. We plan to be back before Christmas time.

He was it was fine, especially since Briar apparently had a lot of vacation days pending, but has the all clear.

I decided since tonight was our date that I'd share the news with her. 

Ricky and Jaime offered to pet sit Briar for her, and also bought along Fester for a playdate. According, Bluebell is good with small dogs.

I got dressed in a pair of black jeans with my boots, a white dress shirt with a black crewneck over it to keep warm and my leather jacket on top.

"Here," Ricky said, holding up a bouquet of flowers. "Can't go on a first date without some sort of gift, you know."

I scoffed with a smile and took it. "I've been on dates before, Ricky."

"Weren't you on everyone's ass about Briar "being different" or something?" he sassed, using air quotes. "Well, consider this different, will ya?"

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever.... Let's go," I said, grabbing my jacket. "You and Jaime are on cat duty."

"Cool. Let's go," he said as we walked out of the room and to Briar's apartment and I knocked on the door.

After a while the door opened and Briar stepped out.

Whoa......

"Awww, your outfit is so cute!!" Jaime gushed excitedly.

(Picture: Example of Briar's outfit)

"Thanks! Its just an old thing I put together," Briar said bashfully.

"You look... Amazing," I said, finally able to speak, then held the bouquet out to her. "These are for you, by the way."

She blushed and took the bouquet in her hands.

"They're beautiful," she smiled. "Thank you, Chris... It would be a shame if they dried up during out date, though... Let me go put them in water really quick before we go."

"Yeah, sure no problem," I said as she went in.

"You guys cane come in," she motioned, and we entered, Bluebell happily greeting us and then a curious Fester as Briar found a vase and filled it with water.

"Ricky, Jaime, thanks again for watching Bluebell for me while I'm gone," she said as she adjusted the flowers in the vase.

"Anytime," Ricky said happily. 

"Looks like her and Fester are even getting along well already," Ricky pointed out.

We looked over to see Fester and Bluebell curiously circling and sniffing each other before Bluebell rubbed against him and then Fester wagged his tail.