29 ~ Last Day

*Briar*

We spent an extra few days, almost a week and a half, in the house and things have been really peaceful.

Unfortunately, our vacation has come to an end since today the others are flying in, probably landing soon.

The company was sending Jack to pick them up like he did us, so I got up early while Chris got some more sleep and tidying things up a little as well getting the coffee started.

Thankfully there wasn't much to do since Chris and I mostly spent our time outside, aside from one or two days where it was really rainy.

I finished brooming the living room when I heard the coffee machine was ready and put everything away before heading over.

I turned it off and then went upstairs to the bedroom to see Chris was still asleep.

I crawled into bed and hugged Chris from behind, kissing his cheek as he groaned and shifted in his sleep.

"Good morning," I smiled as he looked back sleepily at me while I softly stroked his messy hair. "Coffee's done."

He smiled with a sleepy murmur before wrapping his arm around me and pulling me forward, making me squeal and giggle as he held me close to his body, arms wrapped tightly around me and he nuzzled his face into my neck, kissing me repeatedly.

I leaned up and caught his lips, kissing him passionately.

"You're so sneaky," I scolded.

"You love it, though," he smirked, pecking my lips.

I smiled and looked into his eyes, feeling peace.

"I love you...." I said.

He smiled and stroked my cheek. "I love you more..." he murmured.

"Impossible," I smiled as I curled up next to him.

He held me close before he suddenly groaned in annoyance and held me even closer. "God, why does it have to end today? Can't they just go to a hotel and give us another day to ourselves?"

I giggled softly and brushed my fingers through his hair. "Don't be so mean, they're our friends and we have to be on the road tomorrow..."

"Ugh, I know.... I just like being with you more," he pouted.

I smiled and nuzzled my face into his neck. "Me too..... We can still have our own date nights, and the backroom can be ours," I said with a shrug as I took his hand in mine.

"Well, true...." He said, holding my hand in his.

I smiled and leaned up, kissing his lips before sitting up, patting his side. "Come on, while the coffee's still fresh... They're probably gonna be hungry when they get here. Let's get breakfast started," I said.

He chuckled and sat up. "Okay. Let's go."

We got up and headed out to start cooking.

***

*Chris*

We had some coffee before washing up and getting started with making breakfast.

Briar had made a quick run to the small little market down the road and bought some bread and fruits, along with some flowers they also sold there, and made it back just as I finished setting the table up.

Just as I set some plates down, I heard my phone ring and look to see Jack calling.

"Yep?" I asked once I answered.