39 ~ Panic Attacks

⚠️ Warning: Chapter contains scenes depicting tradgedy, death, trauma and mentions of sedating and panic attacks/anxiety. If affected, please read with caution. ⚠️

~~~~~

*Chris*

I sat by Briar's side as she slept, tucking in the blanket around her before holding her hand.

God, its freezing in here....

Its already been a whole day and she's still unconscious.

I took a deep breath and looked at the door again.

I can't find it in myself to leave her, and I am scared that any second that bastard will barge in and take her from me...

Now I know how she was feeling after I learned the truth about her.... How afraid she was that someone would come and hurt us...

Its probably what she felt every single day ever since she fled.

I took a deep breath before looking over at her, holding her hand.

"We're trying to figure things out..... I still stand by what I said, though, I am not going to let anyone take you away from me, for this family....." I promised. "I will keep you safe, no matter what, I swear...."

Just then the door opened and I quickly held my arm protectively over Briar and looked over at the door, only to see Ricky, Jaime and Talitha walk in.

"Sorry... Its just us," Jaime mumbled quietly.

I took a deep breath and nodded. "Its fine.... You guys managed to get settled at the hotel?" I asked.

"Yeah..." Ricky said. "Baby Morrow's fine, just moving around in there.... Vinny was already freaking out over everything so when he saw the baby nudge a bit, he shrieked, it made Shae laugh, and she peed herself a bit, so she slapped him, then she just cried, but that was the hormones.... It was a mess....."

"They're all parking the car now," Jaime assured.

I scoffed a bit with a laugh, imagining the scenario in my head, then sighed.

"What about Bluebell?" I asked.

Ricky frowned softly. "She's been down.... She misses her owner...."

"I'm gonna try and ask the nurses if they can allow her in here, but there's a policy I think...." Shae said. "Luckily Bluebell's a service animal so it could help..."

I gulped quietly, looking back at Briar Rose.

"Anything yet?" Shane asked.

"Her breathing is better, and they stopped her transfusions," I said. "Still nothing yet, though..."

"At least she's doing better," Jaime smiled, sitting at her other side.

"I had to release a statement accoridng to management, but I didn't say anything regarding Briar and what happened," Ricky added. "I had to lie and say that we're all fine and we're heading home once we have an available flight. Though friends have been calling and well...."

The door then opened again and I nearly jumped out of my skin when the other walked in, followed by Kylie, Shelby, and....

"Gaia?" I asked, surprised.