XXX

Chapter 30

Hailey's POV

I cleched my fist and gritted my teeth in silence.

I love you too, yet I always know that I am the person you cannot be with. I always thought you were born for the princess to marry and for the princess to love. Since the princess is someone who truly deserves you and not someone unworthy like me. That's why I thought of letting you go in silence. But, every time I see you, this heart of mine will just go crazy and pump rapidly, excitedly.

I thought of letting you go and willingly give up for the princess until she came...

I looked at Afianna who was always silent and composed. Afianna who was always mysterious in my eyes. The girl who always cover her face yet still got the attention of Gemini. The attention that I always longed for.

And now, the princess is hurting too, the same way I do.

Next, I looked at Gemini who offered his service for the mysterious lady. It serves as a show of hospitality towards the sudden visit of the lady.

But, we are missing something. We are probably missing something.

The mysterious lady was talking with my father. My father's sudden changes of expression arises my curiosity.

"What are they talking about?" I mumbled, curiously.

Mas lalo akong nagtaka nang biglang naglaho ang babae at naiwan ang hindi mabasang ekspresyon ng aking ama.

Mukha siyang nangangamba habang nakatingin sa ibaba. Sinundan ko ang kanyang tingin at nakitang si Afianna ang tinignan nito. Napahawak siya sa kanyang sintido at pasimple itong hinilot.

"What were they talking?" I speak out loud.

"Probably, something we cannot get involved." I heard the voice of the guy who was the nearest of all my friends, Yeshua.

Ngayong araw lamang siya dumating ngunit ang alam namin ay dapat na sasabay siya sa prinsesa.

"Hmm." I simply nodded.

"You're cold as always, Hailey. Haha. Hindi ka na nagbago." sabi niya sa akin habang pilit na hindi pinapalaki ang boses niya.

I glare at him.

He never changed too. The same playful Yeshua. He is the same height with Gelo at kasing laki ni Ken. The three, Ken, Lance and him, was best of friends. Ngunit half a year ago, napatigil sa pag-aaral si Yeshua sa akademya dahil sa naging problema ng kanilang kaharian na ngayon ay nasiayos na.

"How are you?" I asked simply out of concern.

"Now you are concerned about me." he said with a playful smile on.

I glared at him again. What was I expecting from him? Tsk.

Lumipas ang oras at lahat ay natapos nang magsukat ng kanilang mga rank.

Halos kalahi ng mga mag-aaral ay nakakuha ng gold rank habang kukunti lang ang bilang ng mga diamond rank at ng bronze rank which is a good result.

"After an hour of lunch, please proceed here immediately and we will continue on to the next stage." The MC said before dismissing everyone.

Nang makalabas ang lahat, the only one left are the royalties and a few students.

"Sana maka-usap ko ngayon si Afi." rinig kong wika ni Vanilla sabay nguso. "Ang galing ni Gemini magtago kung saan siya." bulong niya pa sa hangin kung saan ako lamang ang nakarinig dahil ako ang pinakamalapit sa kanya.