XLII

An Expected Yet Unexpected

Vanilla's POV

Gamit ang warp gate na inilagay ko outside the academy's premises, we were able to get back to school faster than expected. Though, we bear bad news. We are not able to get the 100% approval of Magma which is truly our main task and aside from that, we were not able to find any clue to where Afi can be right now.

I sighed.

We were silent all the way to the academy like we are mourning of something we never knew, died.

"Where can she be right now? I miss her." I muttered unknowingly.

Napaligon ako sa gawi nila Gelo nang maramdaman ang isang titig.

He is looking at me with concern and comfort. He smiled at me like everything's gonna be fine. Without knowing what to say, I smiled back with the same level of comfort.

Sa aming lahat, siya ang pinakamatagal na nakasama ni Afi and I really think he is having a hard time right now just like all of us but worse. But, I truly believe that Gemini is the one who is truly having the bad day.

Simula ng makaalis kami sa village na iyon, hindi pa rin siya nagsasalita ni lumingon man sa aming gawi. He is so silent to the point that it is deadly. Even if his energy is hidden, no one is able to ignore his oozing bad vibes.

Gemini...

I looked at him worriedly.

Nang makapasok kami sa academy, agad kaming dumeritso sa office ng headmaster upang ireport ang aming pinagdaanan bago makuha ang sagot ni Magma.

"I truly hope that he will consider it positively." The last thing we heard from the headmaster before he dismissed us to train together with our guild members.

Everyone's gloomy now because of the incoming war.

I heard that a lot of students left because they are afraid and some volunteered to be part of the fighting force of the academy.

"Let's have lunch together." I said and they just nodded before we all separated.

We are busy to the point that we won't be seeing my friends aside from lunch break.

I sighed again.

I miss the peaceful and comforting atmosphere of the academy and hate how it turned out to be. Quiet, gloomy, dark, and full of injured hardworking students.

Blood and sweat mixed together as they continue their strict training with instructors that truly cares for the academy and the students.

I looked around again and sighed.

'When will this be over?' thought and directly went to the assigned area of the assassin's guild with Maestro Silvero as our training master.

Third Person's POV

' I miss her.' It's the only thing that keeps on bugging Gemini for the past couple of days without seeing her.

'It has been 4 days, 10 hours, 17 minutes, and 32 seconds since then.' He thought again as he supervise his guild members with stern and strict look.

He was always cold but currently, for everyone, it is better to live in the coldest part of the magic world than to face the raging cold stares of Gemini. He has been silent and deadly. He supervised them without any rest and like a hawk who's waiting for its prey.

"AGAIN!" Gemini shouted as the members finished one more lap around the 1 mile area of the west side of the academy where the last attack of the Skoladi happened.