~~ Away With The Fairies ~~

They followed the Fairy to the back of the palace where number of greenhouses could be seen nearby, each the length of two buses end to end.

"This way, please," the Fairy instructed and led them down a lightly worn path.

It was peculiar to watch the Fairy walking in front of them, her shimmery wings fluttered in the wind but her feet stayed firmly on the ground. L tried to understand why this bothered her, the Keeper knowledge told of Fairies who liked to walk occasionally. And yet, there was something about it that didn't sit right with her.

L tried to push the feeling away as they were led to the greenhouses, she needed to focus on retrieving the goldenseal. Fairies were tricky but they weren't evil, there was nothing to fear while staying in the court. It was once they were back in their world that L would need to worry.

"Right in here," the Fairy directed them inside one of the greenhouses.

L exhaled at the sudden blast of heat, she knew it was a necessity but the temperature was almost unbearable.

"Oh this is cosy," Robbie remarked, apparently basking in the furnace of the greenhouses. 

L couldn't help smiling despite the sweat forming on her brow.

"For you, maybe, the rest of us don't have an oven for a body." L chuckled, pulling at her collar, not that it helped.

There were no abilities in her arsenal that dealt with the cooling of the body. She released some of her heat stores but it didn't lessen the fever she was feeling. Why hadn't she learned a way of cooling her body down from the Reptilians?

"L, are you okay?" Bryce asked, he didn't look any better than she felt.

Sweat was dripping from his brow, his breathing was laboured and his hands were shaky. L shook her head at his question and immediately wished she hadn't- she felt like Ogres were dancing in her brain. She peered at the Fairy who had led them inside. She was smiling sweetly at them; something was definitely off.

"The goldenseal is right over here, please come this way." She was ushering them further inside, and away from their only exit.

Alarm bells were going off in L's head, she reached for Robbie.

"L, what's wrong?" Robbie was finally alerted that this wasn't going the way it was meant to.

L could see two of him now and both faces looked lost.

"Get out... find queen." L's breathing was laboured, it was like trying to breathe thrown.

Robbie pulled L into him and put an arm around Bryce.

"I'm sorry, you can't leave now." The Fairy said, suddenly blocking the way to the door.

Robbie snarled, smoke puffing from his nose. "I don't need a door to leave, you better move if you know what's good for you."

The Fairy's smile was sickly sweet, "If you break the greenhouse, the goldenseal will be useless. I don't think your little Keeper would be too happy about that."

L was panting, her brain too foggy to understand why a Fairy would act like this. Robbie was staring down at her, he looked so torn and L couldn't catch her breath to help him. After a moment of staring between L, Bryce and the Fairy, Robbie shook his head.

"I'm sorry, L."

Before she could ask why he would apologise, he transformed. Holding L in one giant clawed foot and Bryce in the other, he swept his wings around and took flight. L watched black spots dancing in her vision as the ceiling drew closer. Suddenly a screech vibrated L's skull, and Robbie was thrown off course with a loud snarl. L could detect a hint of pain through their connection- something had struck him.