~ Together Again ~

L couldn't believe her eyes. Even after all this time and how much she'd prepared herself, it wasn't enough. Her heart pounded in her ears, and she fought back the tears. She didn't want anything to mar her vision and stop her from seeing them. She felt someone come to stand behind her and a hand was placed on each shoulder. Bryce was on one side and Robbie on the other.

L felt their support bolster her emotions, and she leaned closer to the bubble. Her parents were right there. They appeared to be asleep, but L got the feeling it was more than that. They looked exactly the same as they had in the visions and as the duplicates. They were identical, as if no time had passed. Her brain worked fast, and she came to the conclusion that this was some kind of stasis bubble. She didn't know how or why they were inside it, but she knew they'd used it for a reason. Staying here all this time wasn't part of their plan; something must have forced them into it.

She sighed and tried to gather her thoughts and feelings. She just couldn't take it all in; it felt like her heart was about to explode. She stared at them for the longest time, unable to believe she'd actually made it to this point.

"L... please don't cry." The voices of her parents broke through her daze.

She wiped at her cheeks and saw the tears. She hadn't realised she was crying until then. She sniffled and pushed her feelings down for the moment.

"Right, how do we get them out of there?"

She was talking more to herself than actually expecting an answer.

"Leave it to us."

To her surprise, it was her parents who were the ones to respond. They didn't elaborate, but no sooner had they said it than the bubble began to move. L stepped back and watched it cautiously. It wasn't just moving, it was expanding and she suddenly realised what was happening.

"Stay where you are." She instructed Robbie and Bryce, who she was sure were about to pull her back.

They didn't argue, but she felt the pressure of their stares, urging her to be careful. She wasn't sure what would happen, but she trusted her instincts and her parents.

The bubble reached her first, and L let it envelop her without a fight. A warm breeze swept around her, and when it died down, she was standing on the inside. Her parents were staring back at her, eyes wide open, tears falling down their faces. L struggled to breathe past the lump in her throat. All she could do was stare back.

She was vaguely aware of Robbie and Bryce joining them, both of whom came to stand by her. She embraced their support, but her eyes were fixed on her parents. They were sitting on the ground, a little slumped, but they seemed to be okay. There were no visible injuries or any obvious reason as to why they'd placed themselves in this bubble.

"L..." Her mum spoke, and her voice cracked.

A sob escaped her, and she pulled herself forward slightly on the ground.

"What's wrong? Can't you move?"

Were the only words L could seem to find herself saying.

"We're just weak. We've been holding this stasis chamber for a very long time." Her dad explained, pushing his glasses up his nose.

"Why?" L couldn't stop the questions.

She'd had so much she wanted to say to her parents, but now that she was here, she couldn't get it out.

"When we tried to leave, a creature with an unusual power stopped us. We tried to fight it, but it would transport us to a new part of Paguea and stop us from finding the nexus."