~ Bad Feeling ~

"They're escaping. We have to block them in!"

L shouted to Robbie, running past his huge, scaly front leg to head off the Demons that were trying to flee the town.

"These ones are too quick, I can't run like you," Robbie responded loudly in L's mind.

Despite the weeks of training together, L still hadn't found a way to communicate with him in Dragon form, outside of the telepathic link. The vast amounts of Keeper knowledge she held in her mind didn't have as much on Dragons as it did on other species. The world had gone centuries without the presence of Dragons, it appeared the Keepers didn't see the need to keep it up. Nevertheless, the link now worked without her needing to be part transformed into a Dragon, which helped immensely.

"Alright, just finish those ones off!" She pointed to the Demons she'd barricaded in with a spell to Robbie's left.

She turned her attention to the other three Demons she'd managed to corner between two cottages and her barricade. They were hissing and snapping at her, trying and failing to take chunks out of wherever they could reach. L was too fast and too clever; she'd dealt with so many of their kind recently not to know all of the tricks.

"I keep telling you lot to stay away from humans, but you just don't listen. It's like you want to die."

The black shapes in front of her let out new noises, and L was shocked to find it was some form of laughter.

"If you knew what was coming, you'd leave us to it and save yourself, Keeper." They spoke as one, using her title like it burned their mouths.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

The words, though they made little sense, stirred something inside of L. Not the core of knowledge she held but something deep in her gut, a bad feeling that was starting to take root.

"You'll find out soon enough," they spoke again.

Before L could interrogate them further, a flash silver swept through the middle of all three; they burst into a shower of ash and black liquid. Standing where the Demons had just vanished was a tall, striking figure in jeans and a brown hoodie. His signature look, a beanie hat, in dark green this time, hid his pointed ears and long, black hair; a ploy to hide his identity from other Elves. Though L was convinced it didn't really work, she thought he just liked the look.

"I thought I told you never to listen to anything that comes out of a Demon?" His familiar smirk curled his mouth, and he leaned down to peck L on the cheek.

She blushed, feeling her heart speed up despite the situation and the few times he'd done it before. She wasn't sure she'd ever quite get used to being kissed, much less being in a relationship.

"Don't distract me, Bryce, I know you heard what they said. This isn't the first time they've come out with words like this. Something bad is coming I can feel it."

"L," he moved forward, leaning down so his porcelain face was level with hers. His honey coloured eyes met her glowing blue ones, and his expression softened. "They're Demons, they'll do and say anything to break your concentration long enough to hurt you or escape."

L wanted to feel reassured, but the Demons' words circled her mind, as if they didn't already have enough on their plates. Between ridding the nearby towns of Demons, pouring over the book that belonged to her parents, and helping the Supernatural community with their problems; L barely had time for her own thoughts.

She let Bryce lead her back to Robbie and the others, who had successfully dispatched the remaining Demons.

"That's all of them!" Folen called, swinging a heavy, two-handed axe like it was made of paper.