~~ A Problem Shared ~~

L felt her stomach drop, she really wasn't in the mood for another fight, why would Bryce bring them here if he was in trouble? Did he think they needed it that badly? The room had grown quieter, those nearest seemed to be listening in without making it too obvious. L glanced to Bryce and was surprised to see him smiling, though he was waving his hands in front of him.

"Come on, Lowell, I'm here on business and we're exhausted. Any other time certainly, but not now."

L frowned, she had no idea what they were talking about but apparently Bryce didn't seem worried- though that wasn't always encouraging. The man and woman slowly walked around the table, other creatures moved out of their way and L got a good look at the both of them. The man, Lowell, was tall, average build, his hair short and thick with a sprinkling of grey amongst the black. He wore a brown woolly jumper and ripped blue jeans, he certainly didn't display any signs of the immense power he held inside.

The woman, Brigitte, was average height and build, her hair was bright red, long and curly. She wore a long sleeve green blouse and black leggings, she almost looked like she wanted to camouflage into the scenery outside. Her expression matched the man beside her, narrowed eyes and pursed lips, as though calculating their next move.

"Now, now. You agreed, the next time you showed your face here. A deal is a deal." Brigitte pushed.

Bryce let out a long, loud sigh, with a quick glance at L he finally nodded. "Alright, fine, but we get the best rooms you have left for no extra cost."

Whatever Bryce was bartering for, they seemed to think it was a fair deal and both nodded their agreement. L barely had time to worry before the scene in front of her changed dramatically. In the blink of an eye, tables and their occupants had been moved to face the stage, the band was gone and had been replaced by Bryce, who didn't seem at all surprised. L, Robbie and Nyla had all been given seats on the table with Lowell and Brigitte, whose previous guests had been moved elsewhere.

L could sense the magic, Witch and Warlock, of course that's what Brigitte and Lowell were. But L's attention had strayed and she turned back to the stage in time to see Bryce conjure a microphone. He held it in his hand and sat down on a tall bar stool that appeared behind him.

"Is he really going to sing? Bryce can sing?" L couldn't stop herself from saying out loud.

She didn't know Bryce could sing, let alone would have agreed to a performance for the inn's owners. She was glad he wasn't in trouble but this threw up a few new issues. They still had a lot of things they didn't know about each other, the past several months hadn't given them much time for that. L didn't know if that should worry her or not, however her thoughts were soon pulled in a different direction when Bryce began to sing.

It was in Elvish but L was able to understand every word, though she didn't recognise the song. The lyrics spoke of love and longing, of family and duty, and Bryce's voice was the most melodic thing L had ever heard. She saw the whole room settle in, each one of them gripped by the notes and the words that Bryce sang. L could see now why Brigitte and Lowell thought this was a fair price for rooms- and why they held him to his deal.

L heard a sniffle and turned to see Nyla trying to discreetly wipe at her eyes and nose. She caught L's eye and smiled embarrassedly, shaking her head and turning back to watch Bryce. The beauty of his singing had brought their tough Were-Cat friend to tears, and now that L was thinking about it, she could hear more sniffles from around the room.

L felt a swelling in her chest when she turned back to Bryce, and her heart skipped a beat to see he was staring at her while he sang. He smiled when he saw her looking back, their eyes remaining locked until he finished the end of the song. Silence filled the room and L could sense all eyes were on her and Bryce simultaneously. She smiled and looked away from him, her cheeks reddening and finally the room burst into a round of applause.