~ Search And Rescue ~

L found herself sitting on the kerb by the side of the road, she didn't know how long she'd been there. She was still reeling from the revelation the Demon had uttered before he died. She had always assumed that once a Demon had been destroyed, it was gone, never to be seen or heard from again. Since no Keeper knowledge seemed to contradict that, she thought it to be true. Could the Demon have been lying? One final torturous act to mess with her?

Despite her deep need to believe that, L just couldn't accept that it was anything other than the chilling truth. She could feel that it was true, she couldn't explain how or why but something told her that Demons eventually did return. A shudder passed through her body, vibrating the sword that she still held in one hand. She forced herself to regain her thoughts long enough to send the sword back, before anyone missed it.

Now that she had a moment to think clearly, she was starting to see that the revelation didn't really change anything. There would always be Demons to fight, it would never stop, and there was no telling when they would return, anyway. She still needed to save her parents, and now there was a big bad something that was coming for her, she had to put that first. She composed herself and stood from the kerb, right now she needed to find Bryce, Robbie and Nyla.

She knew every inch of Edinburgh, but that wouldn't help if she didn't know where they were. She began to walk while forming a strategy, it would take far too long to comb the whole city. She thought about flying but she couldn't trust she wouldn't miss something. Not that she doubted her abilities, but a number of Supernatural reasons could hinder her search from up there, and she'd be too far away to realise.

L trusted her senses on the ground so much more and her first thought had her going back to where she'd seen the others last. She hoped they'd still be there, done with the fighting and waiting for her, but things never really went the way she wanted. She would just have to track their whereabouts from there, and hope they hadn't gone too far.

So many things had taken them off track recently, L had to wonder if something was working against her finding her parents. Whether that was fate, or somebody who held a grudge maybe, it wasn't clear. It would be nice if things could just run smoothly. She shook it off, nothing would stop her in the end, no matter how sidetracked she became. Finding the others was her first priority and after that, they would find Sully the Leprechaun, even if she had to put up wanted posters.

L smiled to herself and picked her pace up to a run, she could cover more ground and still look out just as easily. Passing through the streets of a random city was bringing back an abundance of memories, of the days before she had friends and family. The days of running from her latest foster home, sleeping on the streets or in fields in the middle of nowhere. L had never minded being on her own, it was all she'd known and she'd preferred it to the company of people who didn't understand her.

But that wasn't the case anymore, she had friends who understood her and more to the point, liked her exactly as she was. She still had no problem being on her own but she preferred to be with them. The thought spurred her on, focusing on reaching the street where the Krava had ambushed them, and of course, nobody was there when she arrived. The street was empty, undisturbed in appearance and L cursed under her breath.

She stretched her senses as far as she could in every direction, if they were close by she'd find them. In the silence of the city, she thought she could hear the sound of snarling. Could she smell the faint tinge of burning on the air? There was only one way to find out, she headed in the direction of both leads. Her Werewolf sense of smell was sensitive, she'd used it only a handful of times since learning and each time she'd smelled things she wished she hadn't. She was soon bombarded with scents, old and new, Supernatural and human.