~ What Fresh Hell Is This? ~

Bryce's expression shifted between shame and hurt, and L almost wanted to smack the look off his face.

"I came after you as soon as I could. We need to talk."

Bryce moved towards her, but L backed away. She tried not to feel anything when she noticed the pained look on his face, he didn't deserve her sympathy or her understanding. She turned toward the remaining Wyvern, who had taken flight to get away from Bryce and his sword.

"I don't want to talk to you. Go home."

L launched herself toward the flying beasts, her renewed anger spurring her on. One of the Wyvern swooped down at her, and she skidded to the ground, just missing the talons but managing to claw down the creatures abdomen with her good arm. The piercing scream followed her, ringing in her ears as she turned and dove out of the way of its tail. She watched it rear around to face her, blood spewing from its stomach.

"This won't end well for you," the Wyvern hissed.

L smirked and readied the abilities she'd planned earlier.

"L, please! We need to discuss what happened." Bryce called in between strikes at the Wyvern he was fighting.

L scoffed, "No, we don't. You made it perfectly clear where I stand! Just go home!"

L couldn't bear to look at him, she turned and ran at the Wyvern. It looked surprised by her choice but was still on the attack.

"I didn't mean what I said, I made a mistake. I'm sorry!"

Bryce slashed at the Wyvern in front of him, receiving a whack from its tail but managing to cut a chunk from its left side. The creature skipped several feet away, hissing and gnashing in Bryce's direction, but ceased its attack for now. Bryce took the opportunity and ran to join the fight.

"I don't care!" L shouted, avoiding the Wyvern's snapping maw and punching it in the face when it came back around. "Nothing you say will make up for what you did."

L felt her heart clench, but she forced herself to ignore it. Ducking when a Wyvern tail slashed through the air towards her. Bryce was suddenly there, and a severed Wyvern tail landed at her feet. He stood in front of L, sword in both hands, his eyes on the fight, but his head slightly tilted to L.

"I let my parents, Torias, their crap about taking the throne one day, I let it all get into my head. I'm not perfect, L, and I am sorry for how I spoke to you. I didn't mean a word of it."

He shot the sword out just as the maimed Wyvern flew at him. He must have anticipated it and reacted accordingly. Even without magic, he was impressive and downed the creature for good. Not that L would admit it right now; she couldn't even look at him in the same way.

Instead, she scowled at his back and dove around him. Pushing off from the ground with Ogre strength, she flew over the dead Wyvern, putting the last one between her and Bryce.

"Stop arguing, pitiful creatures. We see why he wants you all dead."

One of the Wyvern hissed in L's head, she had no idea what it was talking about, and she didn't get a chance to ask. The remaining Wyvern flew at her without warning, L felt the claws catch her arms before she could dodge them. She felt the sharp piercing of her flesh and screamed in anger. It was carrying her up in the air, and she didn't want to think about why. She kicked her legs back and forth, gaining momentum until she could kick it in the face.

"He'll be happy to have you now." The Wyvern suddenly sneered.

L couldn't tell what it meant, and she wasn't curious enough to care. Whoever it was talking about probably wasn't someone she'd want to meet.