~~ Trick Or Troll ~~

The Trolls didn't wait around, they attacked immediately and clubs flew through the air. They hit Robbie with little to no effect, though he did snarl at them and fire erupted from his nostrils. Luckily, L blocked the clubs that came her way, remembering that magic hadn't worked last time, she used her hands and reinforced them with Dwarven skin. She knew without it they'd have broken her fingers in numerous places.

Robbie charged at the Trolls, separating them as they ran to get out of the way. They may have been fast but not fast enough to avoid his fire, he caught two with a blast and sent them running into the forest like orange blurs of death. Two down, only eight more to go and all of them were starting to circle L. She had a few abilities that would help her avoid being captured but if magic didn't work against them, she wasn't sure how she could fight so many at once.

Four of the Trolls suddenly attacked and pushed L to the defensive; she jumped and dived, narrowly avoiding another club. They were like boomerangs, somehow finding their way back to the Trolls' grubby hands. L caught movement from the corner of her eye and realised the other four Trolls were trying to get to Bryce. She cursed under her breath, the barrier obviously wasn't going to stop them. Luckily, Robbie had also seen their tactic and was charging back in, he flapped his wings, scattering the four Trolls who were advancing on Bryce.

Due to their weight, it didn't send them far but it was enough to disperse them so L and Robbie could regroup in front of Bryce.

"We either need to defeat them, or get out of here... and I don't know if we can be fast enough to get away." L mused to Robbie in her head.

"Yeah, I don't fancy being caught again. We could try flying, but I guess that comes with a similar danger."

"Fighting it is then," L admitted, it seemed to be their only option.

Between the Trolls' speed and unknown magic, fleeing without fighting just didn't seem plausible. The Trolls must have had the same idea because they were quick to resume their attack. Some threw their clubs while the others ran headlong towards L and Robbie, somehow they appeared to be strategising. Trolls weren't this intelligent and didn't have magic, L couldn't seem to get her head around whatever was going on here.

She forced herself to snap out of her confusion and focus on the fighting, she wouldn't get them all caught because she was distracted. She jumped and flipped, blasting the ground in front of a few of the Trolls, sending them flying. They recovered quickly and L had to defend herself and Bryce once again. For some reason she felt an aversion to hurting the creatures, but when one of their clubs made contact with her ribs, the snapping sound brought L to her senses.

They didn't care what happened to her or Robbie, and what they'd done to Bryce showed they weren't too fussed about him either, they had to be stopped. She was momentarily winded and had to blast more of the ground to give herself a moment to recover. But when she had, she delved into the fight like she would with any Demon she faced. She couldn't use magic on the Trolls themselves but that just meant she would have to get creative.

Robbie was busy setting fire to half of the forest, he'd managed to burn another Troll and send it running off in a blaze of flames. But the others had quickly grown wise to him and were keeping their distance when he opened his mouth. It gave L an idea, she didn't know if it would work but it was worth a shot. She used her magic to retrieve some of Robbie's fire from the trees, forming it into fireballs. Technically it wasn't magical fire, so they shouldn't be impervious to it. L aimed at the nearest Troll, watching the flames engulf its body.

Unfortunately, the fire dissipated with nothing but a sooty mess coating the body of the angry looking Troll. L cursed under her breath, how did that fail? When the fire came straight from Robbie it burned the Trolls, but the moment L mixed it with the tiniest bit of magic, it became useless against them. L knew she'd have to slice them up, the idea made her stomach turn, but not as much as the idea of Bryce and Robbie being captured and tortured.