~ Pass The Blame ~

Every eye was trained on this newcomer, who slowly paced in front of the bubble. The voice sounded muffled and the cloak they wore made it harder to see their features. L's parents held her closer while she glared out at the owner of the voice. Their words had set L on edge, something was off. Who else could be here in Paguea right now?

"Ah, what a cosy little reunion." The grating voice mocked.

The figure walked casually around the bubble, still hiding their face. L tried to make out more about this stranger dressed all in black and acting suspiciously. She couldn't smell anything untoward, but that was probably due to the bubble.

"Who are you?" She called, earning herself a squeeze from her parents.

"Me? I suppose I should introduce myself. Do you want to lower the bubble, and we can have a nice talk?"

"I don't think so. Nobody in here is stupid enough to fall for a ploy like that." L's mum's expression was fierce.

The stranger stopped in front of them, leaning his face up against the bubble.

"Okay, let's do it the easy way. Recognise me now?"

L frowned, he looked somewhat familiar but she couldn't place him. He was tall and slim, with a walk that commanded attention. His face had pointed features, his greying hair stuck out at unusual angles. He reminded L of someone, but she couldn't think of who at that moment. His mouth was curled in a smug smirk, and he stroked his hand menacingly against the bubble. L was certain whoever he was wasn't there to help them out of Paguea.

"Andrei, what are you doing here?" L's dad asked, and it didn't sound like he was catching up with an old friend.

"Ah, Simon, you remember me? How interesting. Didn't you tell me I'd be forgotten in the past, where my hatred and revenge should stay?"

"That's right, and it looks like you let it consume you instead. Are you behind all of this? It reeks of your petty brand of crazy."

L's brow raised. She was surprised at her dad's attitude towards this guy. She hadn't expected that side of him, but she liked seeing it. There was so much of her parents' personalities that she wanted to witness while she could. But she also needed to focus on what was being said. Why would he be behind everything? Who was he, and what revenge did he want?

"Oh, I wouldn't call it crazy, I'm finally seeing clearly for the first time in centuries. And once you and your selfish little family are gone, I can rest peacefully knowing I did my duty."

L snorted, "Who the hell are you? Can you hear yourself?"

Andrei's eyes turned on her, and she held his gaze with a look of disdain.

"The offspring. She's as insolent as her parents. You're all the same, Keepers, always thinking you can treat others whichever way you please. The world will be better off when you all cease to be."

L felt certain pieces falling into place, and she glanced to her parents. "This guy is responsible for the fake prophecy? For our kind being killed?"

Her parents nodded, not taking their eyes off of him.

"It would seem so."

"Seriously?" L turned back, her anger and disbelief fighting for first place. "This guy?"

Andrei laughed manically, "So judgy, you get that from your parents as well. So righteous and above everything, and everyone. You all think you make the rules for the rest of us. Nobody is allowed to hold a grudge. Everyone has to be friends and all that other mushy crap. It's disgusting."