FOUR

Where are your parents?

Jessica
"Here's your tea miss" the waiter says to me placing my iced tea in front of me "thank you" I smile to him as he walks away.

"Hey Jess so where exactly are you from?" Pope asks me as I take a sip of my drink I put it back on the table "I'm from California" I answer "Wow California and you deiced to move here?" John B asks whilst attempting to throw fries into JJs' mouth "yeah, it's complicated but if already got better friends here than I ever did there" I admit to the boys I've not even known for over 24 hours.

Although I think JJ and John B are more focused on their little game of 'catch the fry' or whatever you call it.

"How come you moved here?" Pope asks me whilst eating some fries from the plate Kiara brought out for the boys. I'm hesitant to answer his question because I don't want to be stormed with the questions or have them treat me differently so I lie "my mum and my aunt grew up here. My aunt said she was moving back and she invited me to come with her".

"so what about your parents?" The one conversation I've been dreading since I moved here the whole 'oh yeah my parents are dead' conversation.

I quickly look around to find something interesting to change the subject onto.

"yes I got it, did you see that?!" JJ yells out of excitement with his mouth full of fries due to the fact he had caught the fires John B had thrown into his mouth.

I giggle from his excitement as he chews and swallows the fries in his mouth.

Pope goes to carry on our conversation but before he can "how about you guys come around to mine later and we can watch a movie?" I suggest.

"what's this I hear about a movie night?" I hear Kiara ask as she sits down beside Pope on the opposite side of the table to me and John B.

"Yeah me and Sarah set up a whole-" "I'm sorry did you just say Sarah? As in Sarah Cameron?" Kiara asks interrupting me "I didn't actually catch her last name but yeah I think so, why?" I ask curious as to why it mattered "nothing just stay away from her she's bad news" Kiara informs me  coming off as if she's speaking from personal experience "oh okay she seems really nice though" I attempt to defend Sarah "yeah she seems it" Kiara states helping herself to the last of the fries on the large plate.

"Anyway that sounds like a good plan we can get a bit of surfing before" JJ says blowing out so smoke from his vape the smoke going straight into my face I actually can't pin point what it smells like.

It one of those smells where its suppose to smell like something  but it smells completely opposite. Dose that even make sense probably not.

"Jess back to getting to know you, where exactly are your parents?" Pope asks making all of the group look at me however luckily for me I'm extremally good at lying well in my opinion anyway.

"They are travelling so I'm living with my aunt, they always wanted to travel but never had the chance, so my aunt decided to ask me to move here with her so they could go" It's not a full lie my parents did always want to go travelling but they never could've because of me.

After about 2 hours of talking about everything and nothing I finish my ice tea and almost all of the liquid in my vape.

We decide to get back on the  'HMS POUGE' and go back to my dock so I could grab my surf board.

"Here we are now don't be too long waves are usually really good about now and we still need to stop off at the Chateau for our boards" JJ tells me putting his hand out to help me step onto the dock going up to my house.

"Ok just give me like 5 minuets" I say  quickly walking up to my house to garb my surfboard.

JJ

"So what do you guys think?" I ask my friends they all look at me confused of the question.

"Huh?" Kiara asks referring to what I meant,

"of Jess what do you think?" I rephrase the question.

Kiara crosses her legs and answers "yeah she seems nice unless she starts hanging out with Sarah Cameron".

"I mean she brought us beer she's a keeper for sure" John B says laughing to himself.

"Yeah I agree with John B  she seems nice and funny" Pope adds taking a swing from Kies' beer that she didn't want. "What about you JJ?" Kiara asks me I put my head down trying t come up with an answer "well she is nice, funny, cool obviously beautiful-"I begin but stop when I see the Pouges looking above me i turn my head to see Jessica stood with her board in hand and a bottle of vape liquid.

"What?" Jess asks frowning her eyebrows in confusion to the look they are giving her "nothing" I answer putting my head out to help her back into the boat. As she takes my hand she places the small red bottle of liquid into my palm.

She sits next to me bringing her vape to her lips and blowing out watermelon scented smoke a second later I look to the label of the bottle to see it was also watermelon scented.

Pope sets off to the Chateau and I fill up my vape along the way once we arrive we all get out of the boat and Jess grabs her surfboard.

"Hey Jess you can go to the van whilst we grab our boards" John B tells Jess and throws her the keys to the van which she catches perfectly.

Me, Pope, Kie and JB all go and grab a surfboard each making our way to the van where Jess is stood.

"Jess can you drive if you want, I'll tell you the way" Kiara suggests getting in the passenger seat I can't help but notice Jessica seems almost scared to be I the van never mind drive it.

Me and the girl share eye contact as she tries to find her answer. "No no that's fine you drive" Jess tells Kie giving her the keys.

Why doesn't she want to drive? Dose she not know how? Why did she look scared to answer Kiara's question?

I ask myself as Kiara dives us to the beach to go surfing before coming back to Jessica's' house.