THIRTY SEVEN

JJ's POV:

As Jessica walks into my room me and John B head for the kitchen. We both grab out a beer offering Kie and Pope one but they turn it down. "Well that was eventful to say the least" I say taking a sip of my beer. John B looks away from me as if he's trying to think of something, probably to do with the compass.

I walk to the small living room sitting myself down onto the pull out sofa "have you seen the bathroom?" Pope asks looking down then to the bathroom door. I furrow my eyebrows shaking my head.

I get up taking a swing of my beer and walk into the bathroom and see my gun and backpack in the bathtub. I pick up the gun and see that the safety is off, then put it back on and place it into my bag. I swing my bag onto my bag as I do so I knock something off the side.

I look down to the floor and see a razor covered in blood. I put into the sink and give it a quick rinse just to get the blood off. I gulp down the last of my beer and throw the bottle into the trash as I walk out the bathroom.

The first thing I see is Jess peering the door open so you can just see her head. Her hair is dripping onto the floor and can I see the towel wrapped around her body. "Hey" she laughs shaking her head. I wasn't staring, was I?

I don't say anything back I just walk to the sofa bed. "Kie!" Jessica shouts from my bedroom. At the sound of her name Kiara gets up and makes her way over to my room to see what Jess wants.

Jessica's POV:

"Yeah?" Kiara questions with a smile. I open the door so she can walk in which she does.

"Do you have a spare bikini?" I ask she looks to a draw in JJ's room and heads straight towards it. She opens it up revealing a draw of bikinis, shorts and shirts.

Why does she have a draw full of her stuff in JJ's room? Did they used to be together? Is that why the rule came around?

I brought back from my thought at Kiara clicking her figures in front of my face. "You good?" She asks with a small chuckle as she passes me a light blue bikini. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine" I smile taking the bikini from her.

"Okay now go try this on. It'll look great on you" she encourages I start walking over to the bathroom.

"You can get changed in front of me you know" she tells me and I turn around. She sits on the bed looking up to the ceiling.

I put my towel on the floor and  change into the bikini "see what did I say. It looks absolutely great on you." Kiara complements sitting up on the bed and looking at me through the mirror.

"Awh thanks Kie" I smile opening the same draw she had a couple minuets ago. I grab a pair of black denim shorts and slip them on.

"Okay that looks good. Thanks Kie you're a life saver" I smile turning around picking up the towel to hang on the back of the door.

"No problem" Kie says rolling off the bed almost falling onto the floor as she does so making me let out a small laugh.

"That was supposed to happen" Kie laughs making me laugh a little more at her sarcasm.

We walk out the room and the boys look like their waiting for us. "Finally there you guys are" Pope says, he's stood with JJ at the door but John B isn't even in the chateau by the looks of things. "Where's John B?" I ask looking around the room.

"He's in the twinkie outside" JJ quickly answers rushing us out the house.

Me, JJ and Pope sit in the back and Kie makes her way over to the passenger seat.  John B starts of driving not telling us where we are going.

"I mean It's obvious right? A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message? He had to know it was going to get back to me, right?" John B rambles more to himself than to us.

"Yeah, it's possible" Kiara agrees turning her attention from the trees to John B.

"It could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, you know you sad feels" Pope says holding the compass up.

"Pope!" I whisper to him kicking him lightly on the leg.

Bro, you know how I process my sad feels. Dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies. That's how I do it" JJ says as I lay my head on his lap.

"I'm not concocting okay? My dad is trying to give me a message" John B cuts in.

"If it helps you believe John B" Kiara says quietly and quite gently to him.

"Look, I-I don't need a therapy session, okay? I'm not trippin' out" John B insists trying to relax but me and I assume everyone else knows he's really stressed.

"It's okay to trip out John B-" I begin but John B cuts me off.

"Look my dad is missing, okay? Missing. You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish and have no Idea what happened. Just wake up every morning wondering" John B says his voice braking although I can't see his face I can tell he is holding back tears.

JJ rakes his fingers through my hair I look up to him "you okay?" He whispers with a concerned look on his face. I look over to Kie who is looking over to me. I smile to her and does back looking back out to the trees as we drive past them. "I'm good" I smile thinking back to my parents.

I sit up and lean into JJ's chest, he puts and arm around my body and puts his head on top of mine.

"It's been almost a year" Kiara says and gets ignored by John B and I don't blame him one bit. Just because of how long it's been doesn't mean it hurts any less.

"Hey he could've been kidnapped. That's defiantly a possibility" JJ says relaxing into his seat a bit.

"Yeah, could be in a Soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere." Pope says going along with JJ. "Absolutely. Uh...or Atlantis" I add on.

"John B, what do you think the message is?" Kie questions the brunette.

"Redfield, Redfield lighthouse. That's my dad's favourite place." JB answers as we drive passed a sign telling us the lighthouse it closed due to the hurricane.

Sorry for the late update I've got GCSE's to revise for so it's kinda a stressful time right now.