FOURTY TWO

"How much was it again?" JJ questions  as we are all sat around the dock and Kie plays  the ukulele.

"Four hundred mil." Pope answers. I move to sit on the wooden railing of the dock, JJ stands between my legs with his back to me.

  "Alright let's talk the split. Now, before we say 'evenly', may I remind you that I am the only one that can properly defend us from those groupers who were after us." JJ holds  up the gun.

Which I easily take from his hands "come on angel give it back" he smiles trying to take it from me.

"You can be that good if I can take it that quick now can you." I smirk giving him it back along with a quick kiss .

"Protection? Not cheap okay?" JJ announces. 

"You haven't trained." Pope says shaking his head. "And if Jess can take it from you that easily then anyone can."

"It's obviously gonna be easier for her to get it she's behind me" JJ tells Pope putting the gun into his pocket.

"Are you saying I wouldn't be able to otherwise?" I question raising an eyebrow.

"Don't underestimate Jess" Kie says to JJ but it almost sound like a warning.

I jump down from the wooden railing using JJ's shoulders to help me down.  I stand in front of him with my back against his chest his arms wrap around my waist.

"You've done zero training." Pope points out trying to reason with the boy.

"YouTube bro. That's at least a five percent bump right there. Any objections?" JJ gives everyone a second to object before saying, "Didn't think so." Kie places down her hand in defeat.

"Yeah." Pope nodded, trying to object.

"I don't hear any, so." JJ shrugs tracing small patterns on my exposed leg. I wrap my arms around his neck and hugging him softly. Which makes him smile so I kiss him on the check and he kisses my hand in response.

"What are you gonna do with your 100 mil, Pope?" Kie questioned the dark skinned boy.

I've not even thought about the money or what I'd do with my cut. Due to the fact that Kie just said 100 mil and not 80 means I won't have to worry about that after all.

It's not like I was expecting a cut of the fortune. Money goes to the original Pogues I guess. Honestly, I'd still go with them all just for the adventure that's always the best part anyway.

Now I think of it I don't want any of the money it'll make me perfectly happy watching them spend their share.

JJ is probably gonna spend it on something huge I already know it like a house and private jet. I wouldn't be surprised he's such a dreamer but that's one of the many things that makes him who he is.

"Pay for college in advance. And also textbooks. Those are expensive" Pope nods.

Pope is the smartest out of the Pogues and everyone knows it. I think out of all of us he'll be the most successful.

"How about you Kie?" I question the brunette with a smile.

"Yeah what does a socialist do when she's rich?" Pope shrugs his shoulders towards the girl.

Kie chuckles before saying, "I wanna make a double album. About OBX, the Pogues. You know, the way Catch a Fire is a bout Kingston." She smiles to the group. "Record it at Marley Studio, Peter Tosh producing."

"Peter Tosh is dead Kie." I say at the same time as Kie says,

"Peter Tosh is dead. I know." She pauses. "The spirit of Peter Tosh will never die." She raises her beer in the air slightly. I think she got it from John B as he has a beer too.