TWENTY EIGHT

Fish on

"Alright, so think about it Pope. How does a marina rat get a Grady-White?" John B questions . The five of us are now all at the dock fishing. I sit on the ledge beside JJ. We're the furthest away from the others.

I'm tied between the side of giving the money to Lana or keeping the money for ourselves.

Pope takes a deep breath, running his tongue over his bottom lip thinking. "Prostitution".

"Square groupers bro. Okay, flying under the radar, no aerial surveillance. They don't do that stuff during a hurricane. What does that mean? John B questions "JJ?" John B points to his best friend.

"They were straight smuggling." JJ answer with a small shrug as if it was obvious.

I jump down off the ledge and turn to face JJ leaning my head on his shoulder as he rests his head on top of mine placing a light kiss on my head.

"Smuggling. And I guarantee there's a serious amount of contraband in that wreck." John B announces confidently.

"Hell yeah!" JJ says as I see he's caught a fish. "Fish on!"

After a while of fishing, talking about the possible things we could potentially find on that boat. After lots of talking we decide to walk back to the Chateau. By walk I mean JJ gives me a piggyback.

We go into John Bs' room and JJ throws me off his back on to the bed with a laugh. Pope sits down next to me.

JJ makes himself comfortable on the window sill in front of me as so does John B on the window sill to my right. Kiara sits in a small chair that's places at the foot of the bed.

"For the record, if that is a smuggling ship with illegal contraband on the inside of it, it probably belongs to someone else." Pope points out taking the money from my back pocket.

"Minor details" me and Kiara say at the same time as Kie rests her feet onto the end of the bed.

"They could come looking for it. Taking it would be catastrophically stupid" Pope says and I take the money back from Pope.

"Are you calling me stupid?" I ask Pope raising my eye brows at him.

"What no I'm-" Pope starts but our attention switches to JJ who takes the money from my hands and making a fan out of it.

"Stupid things have good outcomes all the time" JJ smirks sending me a wink making me smile.

"All we need to do is figure out a way to get into the cargo hold of that wreck. Until then we just lay low. Just act normal" JJ says leaning back against the window.

"Right, and how exactly do we do that?" Pope sighs bringing his knees slightly towards his chest.

"Kegger" Kiara suggests and we all instantly agree.

I hear my phone ringing from the couch where I threw it when we came in. "I'll be back" I excuse myself making my way to the small living room. I pick my phone up to see it being illuminated by Sarah Cameron's name.

I answer the call walking onto the porch and sitting down on the sofa. "Hi Sarah" I say through the phone.

"Jess hey umm do you know if your moving in or not yet cause well I'm just curious" Sarah laughs.

"I don't know Sarah moving would take a lot of time and I'm not really up for that right now" I sigh leaning back on the couch.

"Look if you just like send me a photo from Pinterest we can work with that and it'll be ready in no time" Sarah suggest.