TWENTY FOUR

Diver down, fool

As we drive down the marsh Pope switches places with John B so, JB can have a beer.

I did offer to steer to boat but the hold JJ had on me for some reason I didn't want it to stop. It felt right.

JJ stood with his arms wrapped around my waist his chin rested on my head. We both faced out friends with a bottle of beer in our hands.

My hands rested on his and it brought a smile to the boys face making a blush rise to mine.

"If you care about your hair I wouldn't stand directly behind me AJ" JJ whispered to me.

JJ unwraps his arms from around me "Hey, Pope can you go a little faster?" JJ asked as he stood up onto the nose of the boat with a smirk forming on his face.

I take his advice and sit on the front of the boat where he's standing.

"Oh, God here we go I'm movin'." John B says moving to the back of the boat next to Kie.

"It doesn't work we've tried this like six thousand times JJ" John B shakes his head with a smile.

"I got this alright it's gonna work." JJ shouts as he holds up his beer in the air and opens his mouth trying to catch the flying liquid in his mouth.

Somehow he manages to not get a single drop of beer in his mouth it just goes over everyone. Everyone except me thanks to his advice.

"JJ you're getting beer in my hair" Kie exclaims as she quickly stands up with a disgusted look on her face and sits directly behind Pope so he'd block any beer coming her way.

"Oh my God." Pope shook his head in disbelief.

"JJ cut it out, come on" I say pulling myself up so I'm stood next to the blonde not behind him. So the beer didn't go in my face or in my hair.

I hit his arm -that wasn't holding the beer-gently but hard enough for him to know I was being serious.

"JJ listen her man get down" Pope says as the boat jolts and comes to a quick stop making me and JJ fly forward into the water.

My eyes grow wide as the cold water slaps against my back, that's gonna leave a red mark for sure.

"Jesus, Pope." Kie groans regaining her balance, she looks toward John B silently asking if he was okay gave her nodded in return.

I inhaled water and as I reach the surface making me immediately begin to cough.

"Jess you good?" John B questioned as he heard me coughing I swim back to the boat with a striking pain in my back.

John B offers me his hand and helps me back onto the boat. "never been better" even when in pain I try to be sarcastic.

"You okay, JJ?" John B questions the blonde and everyone turns to look at the boy.

"I think my heels touched the back of my head." JJ groans in pain as he floats in the water for a second.

"Kie, Pope you good?" I questions as no one had asked even though the two seemed fine, I care deeply for them both even though I've only know them for like a week or a little less.

"I'm alright." Kie attempts a smile but I can tell that she's hurt her side.

"All good here." Pope answers  as he gives JJ a hand helping him into the boat.

JJ climbs into the boat his beer still in his hand.

He sits beside me at to front of the boat where we've just been launched from.