THIRTY

Just girl talk

I undress stepping into the shower I turn the shower on sliding the shower curtain across.

I warm water hits my skin warming me up.

I had no idea that Ash lived here and I don't know why we never stayed in contact after he moved away.

Ash, Ashley Young my best friend since...well since forever. She was my best friend as a kid. If we're being honest she was my only friend growing up.

My mum said she'd tell me why she moved when I'm older. I'm older now but she's not here to tell me why.

I don't think Ash knows about my parents passing no one knows apart from JJ.

After washing my body I head a kick at the door. "JJ?" I question and he slowly opens the door.

"I just need a piss" he says walking in with his hand over his eyes. I open the shower curtain slightly just so if he was to remove his hand he'd only see me head.

I reach out and tap him on the shoulder "JJ you won't be able to see me you can open your eyes." I laugh as he removes his hand from his eyes looking at me.

"I see that now" he laughs I shut the shower curtain. The curtain doesn't block out much he can probably still see the outline of my body but I don't mind.

I start washing my hair with my mango scented shampoo not a lot of people like mango but it's my favorite. My conditioner has the same scent.

My mind back to the time at the beach where someone called me 'their girl'.

"JJ?" I question.

"Present" he replies as I hear his pee hitting the toilet water.

"When we were at the beach who said I was 'their girl'?" I question he doesn't answer for about a minute or so.

The toilet flushes "umm that would be me" I hear him say as I turn the shower off.

"I didn't mean to it just came out I don't know why I said it. I'm not trying to claim you or anything." JJ rambles and I pop my head out of the shower curtain.

"Can you pass me my towel?" I ask pointing to the back of the door at the white towel.

"Oh yeah sure here you go" JJ says turning around grabbing the towel passing me it.

I take it from his hands and wrapping it around my body I step out of the shower. JJ opens the bathroom door walking back into my room.

"Your not mad are you?" He questions looking down sitting on my bed.

"I'm not mad it's just no one has ever called me that before you know." I explain grabbing out an oversized shirt and a pair of pajama shorts.

I go into the bathroom to change leaving JJ with my embarrassing truth of never having a boyfriend.

I walk out to see JJ sat with the same expression on his face that he had when I went into the bathroom.

"You're kidding right?" JJ questions as I go to the opposite side of the bed and slide under the duvet. JJ strips down to his boxers and gets in the bed.

"Nope never" I sigh looking up to the ceiling. It's sad really being sixteen and never having had a boyfriend it's usually the only thing girls talk about, the guys they've dated. That's one reason why I didn't have many friends.

"That's insane" JJ whispers more to himself than to me I turn my body so I'm looking at him as he looks to the ceilinglike I had been doing.

I yawn as my eyelids become heavy "you tired?" JJ asks looking at me I nod my head saying 'yes'. He opens his arms for me to cuddle him I move closer to the boy and instantly relax in him arms as they wrap around my body.