THIRTY TWO

Compass

We all make our way to the edge of the boat looking down into the water for any sign of John B. "He's definitely out of air" Pope tells us which only make me worry even more than I already am. Suddenly John B rises to the surface and I let out a large breath I didn't know I was holding. "There he is" JJ points to the masked boy.

"Jesus Christ you scared the life out of me" I say putting a hand on my chest feeling my heart beat slow down just a little. "How'd it go down there?" JJ questions as John B swims to the side of the boat taking off his mask. "Did you find anything?" JJ asks bring a smile to John B's face as he repeats JJ's words "did I find anything" he laughs holding a black bag.

"Yeah that's my boy" JJ smiles taking the bag from John B putting it down on the boat. Choosing to wait till we're back at John B's to go through it.

"You okay?" Kiara questions the brunette who is still just a bobbing head in the water.

"Yeah I ran out of air though" John B answers trying to catch his breath.

"You scared the shit out of me" Kie says back brushing the hair out of her face. As John B climbs onto the boat taking the scuba gear off.

"Yeah, the cops were up here but we took care of 'em." Pope shortly explains to the boy.

"Yeah you kinda missed the show brother" JJ says as I notice another boat in the distance I nudge Kie and she notices too.

"Hey guys, bogey, two o'clock" Kiara tells the boys and all their heads whip to the direction Kie has given.

"Do you recognize that boat?" Pope asks the group.

"I've never seen it" I answer using my hand as a shield from the sun to look at the approaching boat.

"No clue" Kie replies shaking her head "What are they doing here? The marsh is closed" Kiara says furrowing her brow.

"Same thing as us" I suggest with a shrug.

"Lets not stick around to find out" JJ says placing a hand on my shoulder.

"JJ get the bowline" John B says but JJ is one step a head already reeling it in. John B makes his way to the drivers seat and I stand behind him.

"Should we wait on them?" Pope questions making JJ stop halfway threw his task

"No we're not going to wait on them. Go get the stern go" John B says starting up the boat.

"JJ hurry up" Kie tells JJ and he does

"Guys, don't wait for me. Go" JJ says pulling the anchor onto the boat then goes to stand next to Pope.

"I don't like the look of this guys" I say looking back at the other boat

"Are they coming for us?" JJ questions as the boat continues to follow us.

"Maybe their fishing too" Pope says trying to calm the situation as best he can.

"Guys their getting faster" I tell them trying to stay as calm as possible even though I'm failing terribly.

"Lets go. Go into the marsh" Kie tells John B and he does.

"Lets just act natural" Pope says taking a deep breath telling us to stay calm. I hear a boat nearing and we aren't going any faster. "John B they're following us" I say as my grip on the metal bar of John B's chair tightens and my knuckles begin to turn white.

John B goes a little faster with lets call it.....encouragement from JJ. "Dude you gotta go faster!" JJ tells John B and he does.

I look back and see one of the men on the other boat getting out a gun "guys he's got a gun get down!" I yell as a gun shot flies passed us.