Chapter 29: Let's Party

Everyone was there already, wandering around and talking to the press. We decided it would be okay for us to walk in together and pose for pictures. I tried to look the least disoriented I could manage. I went blind with every camera flash and if Ian's hand weren't behind my lower back holding me in place, I would've fainted. No doubt. All the paparazzi kept saying things like 'one more' or 'over here'. They were calling for Ian's attention most of the time. I figured it was because he wasn't looking at the cameras so I looked at him to be sure. As I predicted, Ian wasn't looking at the cameras. He was looking at me. Admiring me underneath the camera flashes but quite frankly it was me who lost all sense of self-location under his gaze. The flashes made his eyes even more brighter.

We stepped out of the picture-taking area and moved on to do some press.

First up, was a woman who looked on her early thirties wearing a witch hat. She went all shades of red just by looking at Ian but she seemed professional enough to look past it. She begun to talk before we could listen.

"And here we got Ian Somerhalder and Veronica Brooks. How ya' feeling tonight?" She said. I thought I'd had fun with it.

"I'm feeling...tall." I said looking down at my high-heels. Ian shook his head while laughing and his hand came up to rest on my shoulder. The woman laughed too before continuing with the interview.

"With those shoes? I don't blame you. But you look amazing!" She said. "The Joker, am I right?" She asked.

"Correct." I said. Ian was looking from me to the interviewer and back to me.

"And who did your make up?" She asked looking at my fake scars.

"Uuhh....well me." I said shyly. After she made a 'no way' face, I smiled at the ground. Is it really that hard to believe I have talents too?

"That. Is. Insane!" She said. I thanked her with a smile. "How do you know all that stuff?"

"Oh... I don't know. I just do." I said with a shrug from my shoulders. Sadly, Ian's arm went down my back.

"And, of all the things I thought I'd see today, Ian Somerhalder wearing a Batman costume wasn't one of them." Said the interviewer and laughed. Ian sent a smile her way and shrugged his shoulders.

"I felt like it was appropriate. There's got to be some one able to control this one." He said while wrapping his arm over my shoulders once again while we all shared a laugh.

"Oh please, Ian. It's her birthday. Cut her some slack." Se said. I made a surprised face, as if I've forgotten.

"It is my birthday. Come on, dude!" I told Ian.

At that moment, I felt a weight on me and a pair of arms wrapped around me from behind. I started laughing once I heard Alex's voice scream 'Happy Birthday' loud enough for everyone around us to notice and and laugh silently before returning to whatever they were doing.

She let go of me and I turned around to hug a Harley Quinn costume wearing Alex. The picture she showed me didn't made her justice, she looks a lot better with the make up and in person. Paul wasn't far behind her wearing a Robin costume. When we pulled away, I noticed the interviewer's confused look.

"And who do we have here?" She asked to top it off.

"Who do we what? Oh please! Come here, bae." I said as I laid my arm on Alex's shoulders and placed her on my side so the camera could see her. "This is my main gurl." I started saying with an accent. "And parter in crime. Literally." I said motioning the attention to our also matching costumes. Alex and I laughed and she answered the question.