Chapter 39: His Lost. Our Gain.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes!" He answered. "The rest of your things can stay at my place. It's no trouble. Besides I'm gonna go to Brazil anyways." Ian said. He wants me to take only what's strictly necessary and leave the rest at his place in Georgia.

"Sounds to me like you want to be sure I'll come back."

"I want you to have something to come back to." He said while his hand made its way to my lower back and he pulled me closer to him.

"I already do." I answered while caressing his face sweetly. His smile made my day and the touch of his lips against mine sent spikes through me.

"Eu te amo." He said when we pulled away. Flashes of the time I taught him to say that went through me in seconds as a smirk grew on my face.

"Save that for Brazil, would ya'?" I said before weaseling my way out of his hold. "Now, come help me out loading this stuff to your car." I said pointing towards the bed, where all the things I won't be taking laid. Taking one of my guitars, I started walking out as he spoke to me.

"Stop talking to me like we're married." He said. Then he murmured, "Before I get any ideas." loud enough for me to hear.

When the last thing was loaded into his car, Ian took me in a hug. A good-bye hug. In the middle of it, I felt his muscles wake up as he remembered something abruptly. He let me go and, when he returned, he was handing me a pair of keys.

"From my house. You'll need them." He said.

"But, what about you?" I asked.

"These are copies." He said. "I'll need them too, you know?" He joked before putting the keys in my hand and taking me in for a hug again. He kissed my head while we were in between each other's arms. "Now go." He said.

I made my way to my car and, once I was in, I took a look at Ian, still standing in front of his own car. He shot me a smile and, as I turned the car on, he said 'I love you' with his hand. It brought me back to when I told him myself the first time. The same situation, just different places. I gave him I smile and made the sign back as a pulled away from the parking lot.

-x-

I met with Alex at the airport desk after I returned the car back to the rental and walked through a few paparazzi. It didn't felt like paparazzi at all. I treated them like old friends and made conversation instead of ignoring them as I walked.

While we were waiting for the gates to open, Alex and I made conversation.

"Are you 100% positive about this?" I asked.

"Completely." She answered. "Paul's right. I do miss the old band days and college won't be an obstacle sense technically I already graduated." My look encouraged her to keep explaining. "Yeah...I've been working nonstop to graduate early and... I did." She finished with a shrug of her shoulders like it was nothing.

She left to the bathroom after a few minutes and I took the liberty of checking my e-mails.

Verified account from twitter. Verified account from Instagram. Old stuff. Junk mail....

Although, one caught my eye. For the only reason that I didn't recognized the e-mail address. So I decided to open it.

_______________
From: Vincent Campbell
To: Veronica Brooks

Miss Brooks:

Receive apologizes for taking this long to contact you. Hopefully, we are the first to reach out to you. I friend of a friend contacted me and suggested I went to see the band you founded, Rated B, playing live in Georgia. I did, and it is because I did, that I wanted to reach out to you on behalf of the company I represent and offer you a record deal with said company.