Chapter 11: Cast Promo

Today I woke up early and ready for everything. After I finished getting ready, I went over to my phone and found a text message from Ian.

'Rise and Shine. Ready for today? '

' You know it ! '

I left my phone on my bed to go fix my hair quickly on the bathroom. When I came back, he had responded.

' Perfect. How 'bout we meet up early and catch breakfast? Sound good? '

I looked at the time. We had a good hour to spear before work.

' Sure. Send me the address I'll see you there. '

He sent me the address to the nearest Starburst. And I was on my way. It wasn't really breakfast but I'll take it. When I got to the parking lot, he was getting out of his car so I parked on the spot beside his car.

"Nice ride." He greeted me.

"Thanks!" I answered as I got out, closed the door and walked around to greet him. I was going for a light kiss on the cheek, but he wrapped his arms around me on a hug. I took the chance to breath in his scent again. That same scent I was missing last night, no matter how many times I denied it.

He walked me to the door and even opened it for me. What a gentleman. I walked in and noticed a few people watching us but none of them making a reaction, which was nice.

We made our orders and, despite all my objections, Ian paid for mine. We sat down close to a window to drink and I sort of spaced out a bit but the sound of a camera click brought my attention to Ian, who was holding his phone out at me.

"Sorry. I couldn't help it. It was a great shot." He said looking at the picture on his phone. "Worth it." He said, showing me the picture. It was his drink on the table but I was in the background looking out the window sipping my drink. I gotta admit that looked like a picture I would take. "So, Veronica, tell me a little about yourself." He asked while putting his phone away. He sounded fairly interested so I began. He would stop me to make a remark like 'no way!' or 'really?'

"So this is really what you wanted to do your whole life, huh?" He asked.

"Ever sinse I can remember. All I wanted to do was artistic. Acting, music, dancing, photography. But I couldn't bare the thought of disappointing my mother so I technically did went to college for a while.... kinda."

"What did you do?" He asked.

"I studied language." I answered and took a sip of my drink.

"But then..." He didn't finished the question, but he wanted me to. So I did.

"Then it was over. Once I got her off my back I packed my things and left. Started working at my aunt's bar, made my band more official and started auditioning like crazy for the next year." I said. He looked so amazed by my story.

"You are full of surprises, aren't you?" He asked. I got the vibe that he was flirting with me again. So I went with it. I smirked at him from behind my drink and raised an eyebrow as I took a sip. "I assume," he continued. " that you left a trail of broken hearts when you left. Maybe even one is waiting for you to go back."

"Not in the least." I said proud. "When I left and left for good." He looked satisfied to know I had no boyfriend.

"Lucky me..." He whispered. And I started at him with a smile. But I could feel my cheeks going red so I looked away, out the window and found somebody standing across the street with a camera fixated at Ian and I, clearly taking pictures. "I think is time for us to go." He said after he looked at the guy himself and I agreed immediately.