Chapter 15: Worth It

What have I gotten myself into? How did I thought it was a good idea to have a secret relationship with some one? And why in the hell was that some one Ian Somerhalder. I am completely and utterly screwed.

This morning, he didn't do more than greet me with a hug, a hug that he gave everyone. Maybe mine was a bit more tight and had a hidden kiss on my ear but that's not the case.

I was walking around the set to the door to Damon's room so we can start shooting. I got a glimpse of Ian looking at me from his spot in front of the chimney. I stoke my tongue out at him and he sent a wink my way. I'm pretty sure I saw Kat behind him recording some behind the scenes stuff. Thank god she could only see my face and not Ian's.

They called 'action' and I entered the room shyly. Ian didn't even looked up at me from his hands, serving a glass of bourbon.

"That's twice today. You just can't stay away, can't you?" He said.

"This is actually the third time but-" I started my line and Ian's look was my 'stop talking' sign. "...Doesn't matter." I said quickly and walked up to him as we walked to the chimney. I shook my head 'no' when he handed me his drink, offering it to me. He shrugged his shoulder slightly and took a sip of it. "So, Stefan told me about you and Elena."

"With a smile, I assume." He said from behind his, now empty, glass.

"You don't have to think so low of him, you know?" I said, defending Stefan.

"But how couldn't I when I know, deep down, the near thought of the woman I thought I loved erasing every memory of me from her mind brings him joy?" He sounded more and more hurt by every word he said.

"You're right, Damon." I said. "You are so over her. Sounds like it too." I said sarcastically.

"So what?" He settled the glass down. "You know about Elena. When exactly does the need to come here and tell me about it had a purpose?" He said. I felt like he was pushing me away. And that only gave me more reasons to stay.

"It really doesn't. I came here to apologize."

"For what? You smelled my bed sheets and secretly liked it?" He said, deflecting the real purpose of me being here. Deep down, he knew.

"No. Cause you're feeling pain. Your love for Elena might not be there anymore but the hurt and the guilt are. Hurt because of your broken heart. And guilt because all the things Bonnie did to get you out of there, were in vain. Because the one reason why you wouldn't feel as guilty for it, ended up forgetting you. And now you are left with the guilt of having some one sacrifice herself for you, for no reason. And not being able to even apologize is eating you alive." Ian's face was becoming more and more serious by the second. Until a frown came over his face. "And, honestly? I can see why Bonnie would do it." I said and Ian looked at me for an explanation. "It wasn't because she wanted Elena to have you back. It was because she had hope in you. And even she saw you could be a better person. So she gave up her own freedom so you could become that person. And, frankly... I would've done the same thing." I whispered the last part slowly.

Ian came close to me and lowered his face onto mine a little, so we were facing each other.

"How can you, from all people, say that and not feel like you're about to lose your mind." He said. I chuckled and said the last piece of dialogue before the part everyone wanted to see.

"Maybe I already lost it."

At that moment everything went silent. Nobody moved and all eyes were on us, but I could only feel Ian's as he was staring as deeply into my eyes as I was staring into his. I knew he was going to do it, but I still felt the nervousness when he started leaning towards me slowly. I closed my eyes and let him get as close as he could before I kept with the dialogue. I felt his hand go to my face and the coldness of his lip brushing lightly into mine. I moved my face to the side a little, so his lips only meet my cheek, insanely close to my lip.