Chapter 5: Long Day Ahead

When I got back to the hotel room, I couldn't do anything else than read the script. It felt like knowing this huge secret that the rest of the world is oblivious to. But, of course, the world would have to wait to know. Sorry, world.

I couldn't help but notice all the tension between Megan and Damon. On every scene they were together, there was a look or a certain comment or insult that would keep me on the edge of my seat just thinking what would happen next with them. Every time Damon said something insulting towards Megan, she would reply just as sarcastic and clever as he would, and I love that about her.

I had to keep reading the next day, but towards the end of the episode, Kai kidnaps Damon too when he tries to save Elena and, of course, Megan finds herself having to do a locator spell on him which is why she has to be in Damon's room. In the end, she's the one who has to save him and she needs to give him some of her blood to heal. Once back in safety, they have a really heartwarming scene.

***
(Damon is in his room drinking)
(Megan walks in)

Damon: That's twice today. You just can't stay away, can you?

Megan: This is actually the third time but-(interrupted by Damon's look)... Doesn't matter. (Walks up to him. Rejects the drink offered by Damon. Keeps starring at the fire beside him) So, Stefan told me about you and Elena.

Damon: With a smile, I assume.

Megan: You don't have to think so low of him, you know?

Damon: But how couldn't I when I know, deep down, the near thought of the woman I thought I loved erasing every memory of me from her mind brings him joy?

Megan: (sarcastically) You're right, Damon. You are so over her. Sounds like it too. (Damon smirks)

Damon: So what? You know about Elena. When exactly does the need to come here and tell me about it had a purpose?

Megan: It really doesn't. I came here to apologize.

Damon: (sarcastically) For what? You smelled my bed sheets and secretly liked it?

Megan: No. 'Cause you're feeling pain. Your love for Elena might not be there anymore but the hurt and the guilt are. Hurt because of your broken heart. And guilt because all the things Bonnie did to get you out of there, were in vain. Because the one reason why you wouldn't feel as guilty for it, ended up forgetting you. And now you are left with the guilt of having some one sacrifice herself for you, for no reason. And not being able to even apologize is eating you alive.

(Damon's face slowly becomes serious)

Megan: And, honestly? I can see why Bonnie would do it. (Damon looks at Megan) It wasn't because she wanted Elena to have you back. It was because she had hope in you. And even she saw you could be a better person. So she gave up her own freedom so you could become that person. And, frankly, I would've done the same thing.

(Damon comes closer to Megan)

Damon: How can you, from all people, say that and not feel like you're about to lose your mind.

(Megan laughs)

Megan: Maybe I already lost it.

(They keep looking at each other. Damon starts to lean in for a kiss. Megan is going to allow it, but then pulls away slightly)

Megan: I think I changed my mind about that drink.

***

I needed a few minutes to process what this scene meant.

Just when I thought I got over the 'Dream Come True' feeling.

I. Want. To. Scream.

But I can't. I'm in the back of a limo right now, and it's way to early for anyone to be screaming. I'm on my way to set to actually meet the cast...which gave me yet another reason to scream.

Over all, I was nervous. None of these people know how I look like. Sure, they know my social network accounts but I don't upload 'selfies' or other type of pictures that is not artistic. So all they could've seen is pictures of sunsets and stuff. What if they don't like me? What if they hate me?

At some point during all that rambling in my head, the limo came to a stop, and so did my thoughts. I grabbed my bag and jumped out of the limo as the driver was walking towards me to open my door. The driver said a quick 'have a nice day' on his way back to his door and I answered with a 'you too'.

As he was leaving, I took a look around and noticed how crowded it was, compared to the last time a was here. Even though it was barely 4:30 am, it felt like mid day. Julie's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, sweetie! Got a long day ahead of us. Ready for hair and makeup?"

"Sure! As soon as I figure out where is that exactly"

"Don't worry! I'll take you there." She said. She took a hold of my arm and started walking to the direction of what I assumed was the hair and makeup trailer. "Who knows? Maybe you could start meeting the cast there. Let me tell you, they're really excited to meet you."

"Oh that's not nerve racking at all.."

"Ah you'll be fine. They only bite on camera." She joked. I chuckled while going up the three steps of the trailer.

"Well... Here goes nothing."

Julie gave me a reassuring smile as I opened the trailer door and got inside. The place looked smaller from the outside but on the inside, there was space for a whole crowd. I didn't even noticed when Julie walked around me so she was in front of me calling for everyone's attention.

"Everybody, this is Veronica. She won the contest and she's gonna be with us for a while." She said and everyone in the trailer started murmuring their 'hellos'. I answered them all with a smile and a slight wave of my hand. "Well, Veronica, I know I leave you in good hands. Now, when you're done, one of the guys can tell you where the wardrobe zone is. I'm gonna need you there the minute you're done."

-x-

I while later, I was half done with the hair and my makeup was already done. So I was just chillin and hanging out with the hair and makeup crew. They insisted on me to tell them more about my life and about the day I found out that I won. They told me how happy Julie was when she found out the winner was over eighteen which allowed her to change a lot from the script, to the original draft.

"Oh, honey, we don't want to see a twelve year old do the stuff Julie wants the character to do with Damon. Trust. Me." One of the makeup artist said and everyone started laughing.

"What do you mean by that?" I felt the need to ask.

"Sweetie, have you even read the script?"

"Well yeah but there's not more than a lean-in-to-almost-kiss scene. Have I been reading the wrong script?" I said. The makeup artist, her name was Lisa, started laughing and so did the rest of the crew.

"You funny. I hope you stick around." She said. 'Me too.' I thought.

The trailer door opened and Penelope Mitchell walked in.

"Lisa do you know where-" she started saying until she saw me. "Never mind. Found her. You must be Veronica. I'm Penelope, I play Liv on the show. Nice to finally meet you!" She said extending her hand for me to shake, which I gladly did.

"Just in time too. She's ready." Said the hair stylist, his name was John.

"Great!" Penelope said. "Time for wardrobe. This way."

I followed her out of the trailer and into the building. Just like Julie did, Penelope told me how excited everyone was to meet me.

"So, wait. You haven't met any of them?" Penelope asked. I shook my head 'no' and her face lit up. "Sweet! Trevino owns me 10 bucks now."

"Does that mean you guys have been betting on my social abilities or am I missing something?" I asked. She laughed as we came to a stop.

"I like you." She said while opening the door to an enormous room filled with tons of clothes marked with different characters's name. Some I recognized, some I had no idea where they came from. "This way."

She started walking towards the noise of a thousand conversations and I instantly became even more nervous when I heard a couple of recognizable voices. So far it was Candice, Kat and...Nina?

Only one way to now...