Chapter 36: Love, Ian&Veronica

I just can't believe it. She's great. Every new thing about her that I discover makes me love her even more.

There. I said it. I love her.

And I can tell she loves me too. I can read it in her eyes. But I just wanna hear it from her mouth...

Sense we got to her house, she's been tutoring me about her world. What to expect when I meet her friends, her aunt. How to act around them, not be nervous and such. But honestly, I think she was the one nervous. No, I don't think. I know. Because I've grown to know her like the palm of my hand.

I wish the rest of the world were like Paul and Alex. Only because I'm allowed to show affection towards Veronica in front of them. I wish to be able to brag about how lucky I am.

But most of all....I wish she'd never leave...

"And, about my aunt, don't worry if she starts to speak Spanish all of a sudden. That's normal from her. And if she's insulting you in any way, I'll let you know. Because, with her, everything sounds like an insult for a non-Spanish speaker." She ended another of her usual rants with a nervous laugh which I found adorable. All she's going through just to make me feel comfortable around her family and friends. But I was confused as to why she would start speaking on a different language.

"Spanish? What for?" I asked.

"Well I'm Latin on my mother's side. She my mother's sister. Genetics and all." She said. Yet another amazing new thing I found out about her.

"So...I'll take that as a you speak Spanish too?" I said.

"Spanish, English, French, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Italian, ASL, and sarcasm...to be exact." She answered like it was nothing.

Of course, I thought. She studied language, you idiot. How could you've forgotten that?

Just like when I asked her to teach me something in Portuguese, I got curious about the ASL. American Sign Language.

"Impressive. Then teach me something in ASL" I said.

"What do you want to learn." She asked.

"Teach me how to say 'I Love You'..." I said. One way or the other, she was going to say it to me.

Her face showed surprise for a split second, long enough for me to see I made the effect I desired. She swallowed as she repositioned herself on the couch we were comfortably sitting at. I watched her every move with a triumphant look topped with a smirk. She took my right hand and softly bended my middle and ring finger to the point where only my thumb, pointer finger and pinky finger remanded.

Once she was satisfied with my hand position, she made the sign herself with her own hand.

"There you go." She said.

I moved my hand closer to hers until I made contact. After that, I took her hand in mine and started caressing it. I looked straight at her beautiful light brown eyes while her soft skin shivered under my touch. This was it. Now or never.

"I-" I started saying. But her lips shut me right up erasing any and every thought I had before hand. I couldn't control my own heart beat when I was around her, let alone my impulses. She made me have it all and yet, she made me want more. The noise of her phone reserving a text separated us quickly.

I held on to the nothing in front of me when she went to get her phone. Over at the living room, I could hear her react to the message.

"Oh my god!" She exclaimed. That instantly made me curious. She came back into the room to notify me. "Wanna go to a dance studio?"