Chapter 14: A Secret. I Know...

That night, back at the hotel, I found Ian and I's picture.

' @iansomerhalder: sweaty after show picture. What a talented and dedicated woman this is, on and off-camera. Everyone is blown away by her, myself included. Keep amazing the world with your talents, just like you have amazed me.
Love,
Ian '

I can't even think straight. On one side, I can say that I do have feelings for him. But on the other, I can't just let them show. What if what I feel for him is not the same he feels for me? Let's face it. Why would a famous and well-known person like him be interested on somebody who's only known by accident?

I didn't think it was true. For me, he was only playing, because he was confused, or just because he was bored and he felt like it. I had to stop it right there and then. But, how can I deny that I wanted it to be real? I wanted him to feel something for me. I didn't wanted to be the only one suppressing their feelings in fear of rejection.

My mind was a little crowed with the wrong thoughts today but I saw an opportunity to clear it when Julie told me I had to go to set, emergency meeting. So there I was, entering the lot and walking to the room where Julie told me I'd be meeting with the rest of the writers.

I knocked on the door slightly and a voice inside told me to enter the room, so I did.

Like the last time, there was a big long table with chairs, all of them occupied except one. When I opened the door every one looked at me and I wasn't expecting Ian to be here, but he was. He smiled at me slightly and I returned the smile out of curtesy. I took my seat, right in front of Ian and Caroline started the meeting.

"So, Veronica." Caroline said. "Originally, we only wrote one episode with Megan and we're almost done filming." She said. The only scenes left were a little montage of all the characters and that one scene with Ian and I. "But, the writers decided to go on a different direction now." She said and I was immediately interested. "We'd like to now if you'd be interested on filming another episode. Out of the contest prices, of course. So, we would be paying you." She said. A wide smile made its way to my face and I immediately answered.

"Sure."

"Great. Now, there's another issue we need to discuss." She said and sent a look to Ian. "You probably noticed how close your characters" she pointed at Ian and I. "are getting. So we also wanted to now if you'd be comfortable with having the two characters interact on a more intimate way." She said. I stood silent because, frankly, I didn't knew which way was she going with this. Julie elaborated on the subject.

"What she means is," she said. "that we want Damon and Megan to be together. Now would you two be willing to make that happen?" She asked and I looked at Ian for an answer. He looked at me, then at the writers. I definitely put him on the spot. And yet, he answered 'yes'. So I had no other option than to agree too.

They all looked relieved. And Caroline started talking again.

"Great." She said. "Cause the scripts are already written." She took two books and gave them to Ian and I. "We start shooting soon."

"Veronica, you should go to wardrobe again. Gotta make you a new outfit." Said Julie and I was immediately on my way.

-x-

I was told to go to my dressing room to change and so I did.

I was looking at myself in the new dressing table, by my desk. It looks like, for this episode, Megan is going to be more settled in. I was wearing a simple light brown blouse that ended right above my hips, with a pair of jeans and flat shoes. I flinched when I heard the door opening and I looked back to Ian, walking towards me on a determined manner.

"What are you doing? You're not suppose to be he-" I was interrupted by Ian's lips pushed to mine. He was kissing me hungrily and passionately. His hands got tangled at my lower back, pulling me towards him.

I just stood there and tried not to kiss him back with all my might. But I was failing miserably. I was about to give in completely to the feeling of his body against mine when the feeling was gone.

He took a hold of me by my waist and pushed me back to break our kiss. His eyes were wide open and his face showed surprise but his hands never left my sides. "Oh my god." He said and he let me go. He started passing back and forth in front of me with his hands holding his hair as he kept repeating that sentence over and over again.

I was left standing there, figuring out what just happened and what was happening right now.

"What am I doing?" He said to himself. "This is wrong. This is very wrong." He was talking to me, but not once did he looked at me. "I know I was flirting with you at the beginning and then when we practiced that scene and then everyone thought we were dating and I was saying all this things about you and I kissed you. Twice." He said. "But I can't do this!" He said, talking to himself once again.

"Then don't do it." I said as low as a whisper to no one in particular. He looked at me and his aura changed completely. He pressed his forehead against mine and took my face in his hands.

"But I just can't deny how much I want to do it again." He said, fighting for self-control. I lost all and any sense left in me with how close he was to me.

"Then do it." I whispered.

His eyes met mine on what felt like a staring contest. We kept looking at each other waiting for who was going to make the first move. He leaned in to kiss me but not like the other kisses, where he would crash his lips onto mine. This time it was different. I felt his lips laying softly on mine as he kissed me.

He was kissing me sweetly instead of hungrily and it had so much meaning behind it. I allowed myself to embrace on him and my hands were now on his back, pulling him closer to me.

He walked me into the nearest wall and my back landed against it with a soft thud. His hands went to my sides and started going up my back, my waist, my rib cage and down to my hips. My hands went to his neck to deepen the kiss and his touch was like fire against my skin. I bit his bottom lip to hold in a moan that was about to escape me and the noise was replaced by a low groan by Ian as he held onto the skin of my sides, catching a handful of the blouse, which he pulled slightly to pull me even closer to him.

I felt the touch of his tongue on my bottom lip and I allowed him to do with me, whatever he pleased. We were exploring each other on higher levels and he guided me to the couch, where I sat and laid down slowly, his lips not leaving mine for a second. With his body hovering over me, his lips started going down to my jaw line and my throat. He laid a kiss on my collar bone and went straight for my neck, kissing and bitting occasionally. My hands were at his hair, pulling it anytime I wanted to hold in a moan which only made him groan even louder.

I pulled his face up to meet mine again and he didn't objected to my command. He started kissing me again and I took in every bit of it. My muscles would tense every time our tongues made contact and Ian let out a soft moan against my lips. I could feel his breath was uneven and his heart beat was going off the roof.

Soon, every kiss became more soft and prolonged. Every kiss got slower by the minute until we both stopped at the same time.

He looked at me with a sad look on his face. "You know we're gonna have to keep this a-"

"A secret." I interrupted him. "I know."

His hand came to my face and caressed my cheek lovingly. I closed my eyes until his touch was gone. When I opened my eyes, I saw a smile growing on Ian's face slowly and I happily returned that smile.