Chapter 6: You Must Be Veronica. Nice To Meet You.

The noise died down and my muscles tensed. In an instant, when I crossed the doorframe, all eyes were on me. As I predicted, Kat, Candice and Nina were in the room and, now, all three pair of eyes were looking at me, inspecting every square inch of me. Penelope broke the silence to introduce me.

"New meat just got here. She's Veronica and I'm leaving. Suppose to be in hair and makeup like 5 minutes ago." Penelope said and, with that, she disappeared and left me with three, still staring, women. However, Kat smiled and spoke up.

"Hey! Nice to finally meet you, Veronica" she said extending her hand to me. I shook her hand and smile at her.

"Nice to meet you too!"

I did the same with Nina but when I was about to do it with Candice too, I was bombarded with a hug.

"It's really really nice to meet you!!!" She said and pulled away. "Did-did you got the photo we sent you?" She asked me.

"Yeah. That's was cute. How much did they paid you guys for it?"

"Are you kidding me? It was my idea!" Said Candice. A woman walked into the room holding tons of clothes up to the point were I couldn't see her face. I walked up to her.

"Need a hand?"

"Much likely. Thanks!" She said as she laid some of the clothes onto my arms. Now that her face was visible, she smiled at me and introduced herself, then asked me if I was the lady everyone was talking about 'out there'

"That must be me, I guess" I'm still not used to being the 'center of attention'

"Well then, I must be getting you an outfit. Right this way." She said and pointed out of the room before starting to walk herself, with me right at her heels.

"See you on set!" The girls said at the same time as a was walking out. I waved 'goodbye' before going out of sight on the search for my costume.

Once I was ready, I looked at myself in the mirror. I felt like a different person. Normally my hair wouldn't be as pretty as it is now, with the too-perfect-to-be-real curls. And most definitely my face would not be as flawless as it is. I have to remember to thank Lisa and John for this before I'm gone.

Julie found me while I was on my way to set to film the very first scene. I haven't found most of the cast yet. Only Steven McQueen, who wished me good luck, and Michael Trevino, who asked me if I knew where Penelope was. Said he had to give her some money or something. But then again, I was going through my lines one last time so maybe I didn't noticed somebody.

"Hey- aaah you look so good!!" She said and then started looking through her pockets. "Let's take a picture right now" she said as she held her phone in front of her and our faces appeared on screen. I bended my knees a bit so my chin rested on her shoulder and gave a small smile. She took the picture and said "oh! That's going on Instagram for sure!" I couldn't help but laugh at that last remark. "Are you going to set right now?" She asked. I nodded quickly. "Great. Okay. Here's how's gonna happen. First scene is the one where Damon finds you over there" she said, pointing towards the set that's gonna be shot at. It appears to be my house "Now, remember: don't look at the cameras. Do it only if the director saids so and....for any further arrangements, he'll be letting you know."

I simply nodded, not trusting my ability to speak due to how nervous a was getting. Julie appeared to notice and held my hand, giving me a reassuring smile. "And don't worry. You'll be fine. You were great on our last meeting, you'll be amazing now."

I smiled back at her, my confidence building up. I started walking towards the set with my script in hand. In this scene all I would be doing is running for my life around the house, entering a room, closing the door and have Christopher Wood (Kai) chasing me until Damon appears to save me. That's exactly what is says in the script and that's exactly what the director told me.

I was standing in the middle of set. It was a house, Megan's. It looked fairy normal. I was standing in the kitchen to be exact, ready to run to the nearest drawer and pull out the biggest knife. There were about five cameras spread around the room, capturing every angle. Chris came in and introduced himself. We had a small conversation in which he told me he had gone through my Instagram photos and was telling me how much he liked my work before a bell went off, in notification that we were about to start shooting. Chris said a quick 'good luck' before leaving to stand behind the doors he was going to come in from and I started to take deep breaths.

In. Out. In. Out.

"Action!"

I stared running and opened the drawer, pulled out the knife with the sound of knocking on the door as a background and Chris's voice saying "Anybody home?" before the door busted open. Chris walked in with that devilish look on his face and an axe attach to his hand and I allowed fear to take over me as I started running. I went into a hall as Chris delivered his lines "Now, don't go off running- no-" he started chasing me with a rather slow pace compared to mine which gave it the psycho appearance I just know Alex would have loved to see.

I went into a room and closed the door loudly behind me. I began to look for another way out or something I could defend myself with rather than a kitchen knife. The sound of banging on the door began once more and Chris delivered another of his lines

"Come on! I just wanna talk." That's my cue.

"With an axe? Don't think so. Leave me alone!!" There was some more struggling, then a loud bang, then nothing.

As I'm supposed to, I lowered my weapon a bit and started walking towards the door when it busted open. I immediately took position to fight again until I saw him.

I saw his surprised look, part of it was because it was on the script. But I could see through it. Some of that surprise on his face was real, although I can't imagine why. Either way, I reflected that surprise on my own face, as directed by the script, and Ian said his line.

"Woah! Easy now. There's not much that you could do to me with that thing so, why don't we just put it down?"

I did as he said. "Who the hell are you?"

"I would ask you the same thing but I'm afraid there's more than one answer. What you need to know though, is that you have to come with me before he" he then stepped to the side a bit to show Chris laying on the floor 'unconscious' "wakes up." I expressed confusion on my face.

"Now, why would I do that?"

"Because I wanna save somebody, you wanna save somebody and, if you don't, you will soon. Now, after you, Miss Williams. Or, should I say Miss Bennett?" He said and I immediately recovered my posture and lowered my knife completely. "That's what I thought. I'll wait in the car." He said and with that, he was gone.

They haven't yelled 'Cut' so I stood in character as a went after him and stopped at the door to watch him walk out of the house. As written, I started walking too, stopped abruptly, quickly walked to the living room, grabbed my bag and carried walking to the door. By then, Ian was already in the car holding the door open for me.

I eyed him before stepping into the car and I did so very slowly, watching him our of the corner of my eye in an attempt to show that I didn't trusted him yet. He closed the door and walked around to the other side to get in the car himself and I followed his every move with my eyes. He opened the door and I quickly looked froward as to make it look like I wasn't staring at him the whole time, just in case there was a camera fixated on my face. The second he closed the door, someone yelled 'Cut'

I looked to my left and lost all feeling of sanity when I found Ian's eyes locked on me. We smiled at each other at the same time, only Ian's smile was filled with confidence and mine was just to hide the fact that I forgot how to speak.

"Hi. I'm Ian Somerhalder." he said. "You must be Veronica. Nice to meet you." he said. Then he extended his hand for me to shake so I laid my hand on his before he took it, slightly caressed it, brought it up to his lips and kissed it softly.