Chapter 22: Costume Shopping-Part One

"Cut!"

Ian's face remained hidden on my neck and I could feel his lips forming a smile against my skin.

We had to do the close-up takes for that scene and the director suggested we did some more stuff from different angles like Ian taking off his shirt or a close-up of our hands locking into one another. Ian looked each time more pleased and was more than eager to do anything it took for this scene to be perfect. 'For the sake of the show' as he said.

After that scene was done completely, the director gave the approval and that was a wrap on Megan's second episode.

"Hey! Wait up!" I heard Ian's voice calling for me as I made my way to the parking lot. I turned around and watched as he jogged towards me and catched up. "Tomorrow's day off and we need costumes. Be ready at 12." He said and before I could answer, he looked everywhere, making sure nobody was around and planted a sweet and quick kiss on my lips.

Then he walked away letting go of my arm slowly as the distance between us became too strong.

-x-

The next day, as he requested, I was ready at 12 o'clock. I wore a pair of ripped black skinny jeans, a white tank top and my old pair of red converse. My hair was tied in a messy low pony tail and it hung over my shoulder covering all the way down to my stomach. A few more years and I'd have to be more careful, I could sit on my hair.

Ten minutes past 12, Ian showed up wearing a white shirt, black pants with matching shoes and a fedora hat. After me noticing our matching outfits and him complementing mine, we went out the door. He kept his arm around me through all the elevator ride, since we were the only ones in. One of his fingers went underneath my chin And brought my face up to look at him. When we were face to face, he leaned in to kiss me but the elevator's doors opened and I stepped out, leaving him standing there before he smirked and started walking my way again. We made our way to his car, which he helped me get in to, opening the door for me.

Once inside, he took a hold of my hand for the rest of the ride. When we parked, we got out of the car and started walking around the streets of Atlanta, wandering around, looking for a place where we could find costumes.

As we were walking, I looked out for any paparazzi but Ian started conversing.

"Have you thought of a costume yet?" He asked.

"Not really." I said. "But I'll come up with something."

He half smiled at me. His arm rested above my shoulders and he pulled me to him, kissing my temple and letting me go almost instantly.

"And if it doesn't work, I could always dress up as you." I said sarcastically and he have me a questioning look, as if saying 'really?' To which I answered. "I'm serious. All I need to do is get one of this," I said as I took his fedora hat off and put it on. "and start working on my eyebrows." I said as I wiggled my eyebrows at him on an attempt to impersonate him.

He laughed as we came to a stop when we found the first store. I walked shyly past him when he opened the door for me.

When we were inside, we walked around for a bit, pointing out costumes to each other. I did my best to contain a smile when our hands touched as we where looking through the clothing rails.

-x-

Four stores, half an hour and a shit load of costumes later, I was still trying on some more... Ian had more patience than I thought. If it were me, I would've left a long time ago...

Right now I was trying on a classical sexy pirate costume. It looked okay but, seriously, why does everything has to be sexy?!

I hesitated on walking out and show Ian the final result but, just when I was about to change back to my original outfit, I heard Ian's voice asking me to come out and show him.

I walked out as confident as I could manage, which wasn't much, and found Ian sitting on one of the 'waiting' seats. His eyes opened wide as they traveled all over my body, having my very little confidence disappear almost completely. I tried to defend myself and spoke quicker than normal.

"Look, I told you pirate is not really my thing. I would seriously think twice about wearing this on a normal Halloween but, for a party? It's definitely a 'no'. And besides, why does everything has to be sexy? Why couldn't it just be a pirate?" I said. Ian's eyes were still inspecting my body and he spoke without even looking at me in the eyes.

"I don't know about you, but I can think about a million situations in which you could wear that." He said, making it sound as dirty as his low and seductive voice could manage, which made me look around to make sure nobody was at hearing range. Luckily, there was no one around.

-x-

After that, we took a lunch break and we still didn't had costumes. I was starting to get frustrated.

"You know what?" I asked, getting his attention. "Screw costume buying. I'll put a costume together with regular clothes. It always ends up looking better that way."

He chuckled at my sudden frustration release. "And what are you going to make?" He asked.

I thought for a second. "Hmm.... either Catwoman, or The Joker. Female version, of course." I decided. He looked at me a bit surprised and then made a 'not bad' face.

He picked up his drink and brought it up to his lips before speaking. "So..." he said. "are we gonna wear like matching costumes or something?" He asked.

"I don't know. You think we should? With all the rumors and stuff, is it really a good idea?" I asked hesitantly.

"I really don't care. We could always blame it on being 'just good friends'." He said air quoting 'just good friends'. "And besides, you're no longer filming from the prices of the contest." He said.

"Actually I'm not filming at all." I said as a matter of factually.

"Yet." He said. "There's one episode left."

"And what happens after?" I asked. His eyes looked at mine with confusion. I looked down at his hands to show my point and looked back at his eyes. He looked exactly how I felt and I knew he was thinking of how little time we have left, just like I was.

He took a deep breath, trying to find the right words. "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it." He said, avoiding the subject. His face light up and he spoke on a more bright tone. "So, whoever you choose to be for Halloween, I'll match." He said with a smirk and took a sip of his drink, ending the depressing mood for good.

...And for now.