Chapter 16: Delena or Damegan?

The next day was a day off because of some convention and I could stay in my hotel room alone all day 'till I had to leave. Ian had other plans. He insisted on coming to the hotel room and hang out with me for a while.

"You know," he said while pulling my laptop out of my bag. "I found some pretty interesting things last night on YouTube." He said while typing something into my laptop.

He walked over to the bed where I was laying and sat beside me with my laptop laying on his lap. There was a video loading and, when it did, I saw the band on a stage about to begin a set. I sat up and got closer to Ian so I could watch better. The video was from one of our sets on my aunt's bar.

As usual, Danny introduced the band and said the name of the first song we were going to play: Dear Maria, Count Me In by All Time Low.

After Mark gave us the cue, I started playing softly and then exploded into the intro of the song. I was jumping around, banging my head and running from side to side. All with a huge smile on my face, knowing I probably looked like a fool, but a happy fool.

I looked over at Ian who was watching the video intensively, with a smile on his face.

I returned my gaze to the laptop, where I looked more calmed, already singing with Danny. By the bridge, I took over the vocals and it was my favorite part. I've never noticed how much emotion I put into it, until I watched myself from another person's perspective. That crazy girl with the guitar didn't looked like me at all, but it was.

When the video was over Ian spoke.

"I love watching you on stage" he said and I chuckled. "Almost as much as I love watching you play alone." I looked at him and a smirk was laying on his lips as he said one more thing. "Play something for me." He requested.

I stood up and went to grab my guitar. When I came back into the room, Ian was sitting by the feet of the bed. I looked at him and I couldn't help but to laugh at his posture. He looked like a kid on Christmas morning, waiting impatiently to open his gifts. I walked over to the window and sat on the ledge, so my back was laying on the cold glass slightly. I took my phone out of my back pocket and threw it at the bed so I could be more comfortable.

"What are you gonna play?" He asked.

"I'll see if I remember this one. It's called Diary Of Jane" I said and started playing the intro. I said I might not remember the song, but my fingers were making the right chords at the right time like if I knew it by memory.

The verses were low so I kept my voice as high as a whisper. The chorus, however, were average pitch with a bit of power so I sung higher.

I will try to find my place in the diary of Jane so tell me how should I be.

For the last word of the chorus I gave one strum of the chord and stopped it, then sang the last world on falsetto. It was soft and sweet and it faded with the wind.

The bridge was as soft as that last part of the chorus. I didn't noticed Ian taking my phone and snapping a picture of me, but I heard it. When I finished the song, I looked at Ian and he had a hypnotized look on his eyes and a smile on his lips. I returned that smile while setting my guitar down and walking over to him to see the picture he took.

Because of the daylight behind me, only my silhouette was visible. That, and a couple of facial features so you could tell it was me. It was a picture you could swear I took myself, if I weren't in it.

I decided to post it on Instagram.

' @Vero1996: I don't usually post pictures I haven't taken myself but I'll make an exception. | photocred: @iansomerhalder '