Chapter 32: Bonus Video Shooting

My phone woke me up the next morning.....if it could be called that.

I was wide awake with the sound of my phone indicating a got a text. What can I say? I'm a light sleeper. Unlike Ian, laying underneath me. He just steered and loosed up his hold on my waist a bit. I reached out for my phone. I got a flash of the time before I opened the text from Julie. 3 am.

' I forgot to tell you yesterday but we need you today on set as soon as possible. '

Having read that, I did my best to get out of bed without waking Ian up. I took all my necessities and went straight to the bathroom without Ian giving so much of a stir.

I stroked my body with as less force I could manage, not wanting to wash away Ian's sent off of me. My hands traveled through the path his did.

It felt like forever had passed by the time his lips finally came in contact with mine. The passion between us grew rather quickly but he leaned further into me until my back was resting on the soft mattress very slowly. One of his knees was in between my legs as his hands traveled all through my sides. He took me by the waist and pulled me up so my head rested on the pillow and he started undoing my shirt. Taking off his costume was rather easy and I could feel his skin shiver underneath my touch.

"You're beautiful..." I would hear Ian whisper from time to time. And for once in my life, I believed it. Because I did felt beautiful under his gaze. His stare pierced through me and his hands touched me as if I was the most fragile sculpture. I felt safe. I was his.

I could still feel his touch against my skin. I could still feel his narrow breathing on my neck. I could still feel the sensation his lips left everywhere he kissed me. And how his body responded in contact with mine.

I could still feel...him.

After I was dressed and visibly acceptable, I stood in the mirror locking at myself. I was wearing a black Batman themed muscle tee with loose ripped jeans. My face was lightly covered in make up, even though I'd probably have my full make up done on set anyways. I wore my still green hair on a messy side braid and finished my outfit with my old black converse.

I didn't heard any movement outside the bathroom walls so I decided to leave Ian a note saying that I left. I looked everywhere until I found the red lipstick I used last night and, with it, I wrote on the mirror for him to see.

' Gone to set. Duty calls. -V '

-x-

Despite being awake at this ungodly hour, the reason for it was worth it. Julie told me this was for a special bonus video like the one they did with Ian and Kat for season 5. Only this time, it was about me trying to find something else to do sense I wouldn't be acting anymore. Is it depressing? Yes. But, hell was it funny. And plus, all I had to do was retouch my make up. Sense I was playing myself, I got to wear my original outfit and hair style. First, they had me do all the documentary-old-fashioned-interview takes.

I sat at a directors chair with a camera pointed at me. I was following the script looking like I definitely didn't want to be there.

"Uhh.....Veronica?" Said the camera man. "We're rolling."

I ignored him for a couple of seconds and kept the denial look on my face until I got green light for the next take. For it, I looked ahead with wide eyes as if I got an idea. The best idea ever. ".....unless...." I looked at the camera quickly and then stood up and ran out of frame, almost tripping over the chair in the process.

They had me running again while Julie was talking on a set similar to mine. I ran through all the frame, causing her to stop talking and call me out.

"What the- Veronica!!" She said. I stopped running to see what she would do next. She just gave up calling for me and sat down again.

-x-

They asked me to go around and start doing random works like costume designer, sound recording, camera man, and even cleaning the sets.

On one of the takes, Julie was talking about how concerned she was while I was holding the microphone above her head.

"But honestly, I'm starting to worry for her. Is not healthy that she's-" she stopped talking when she noticed the microphone getting too close to her head. The camera pointed at me and I looked like a deer in head lights. I quickly fixed the microphone and acted like nothing had happened, very badly. When the camera went back to Julie, she was shaking her head at the ground. We started laughing as soon as they said 'Cut' and moved on to the other scenes.

One of the sequences that I enjoyed filming was the hair styling job. I didn't even noticed when other actors started to arrive. Not until it was Kat's turn to sit on the directors chair.

"Veronica....." Kat stood silence looking for the right words to say. "Veronica's real delicate nowadays. She's handling it the best way she can..." Her tone now changed into a serious one. "And by that I mean not 'well at all'. She's in denial. She hasn't come to terms with it. She's not letting it go. I mean, as we speak, she's probably looking for some other job to do on set."

Kat quickly stood up and let Candace take the seat. They were all here already, weren't they?

"She has tried it all." Candace begun. "Costume designing. Make up artist. Props making. She even tried hair styling for crying out loud!" She said and sighed. "Poor Paul..."

Now I was on the hair trailer waiting for Paul to arrive and do this quick scene but first, he had to get his hair done. When he arrived, John -the hair stylist- started doing his hair. Paul was going to have a huge blow-out sorta to mock his usual look. We couldn't hold our laughter during the whole process.

The scene we had to shoot was three seconds long and it was of Paul walking out of the trailer and leaving me overly excited waving him good-bye. And, after we did that, Paul went back to the directors chair and shook his head unacceptably in disappointment. Then, he said 'Here is where I draw the line'. After that, I did a take where I look real proud of myself saying 'nailed it...'.

Just thinking about what the final result is gonna look like makes me laugh. They had me do all these extra footage of me trying to open my locked dressing room, trying to kick the door down. I made it obvious that my name label was taken off. First, I was trying to make it budge, then I started nudging it a bit with my shoulder. After failing, I walked to the other wall and came crashing with the door. Bad idea. But at least it will look funny on camera. The crew started laughing but they didn't cut. They actually encouraged me to keep going, so I did. Until I opened the door. After that, I took a piece of paper and wrote my name on it. I walked out and sticked it to where my name label used to be but it fell down. After the fifth attempt, I finally got it to stay so I proudly brushed my hands together and entered the room.

"Cut!" The director said between laughs.