Chapter 42: Edge Of Tonight

I slept through the night for the first time in a week. And the reason why, was breathing peacefully beside me. I opened my eyes unable to escape the clarity coming through the window. Looking beside me, I found Ian fast asleep with a hand behind his head. I traced his body with my eyes and watched his naked chest go up and down rhythmically. The elastic strap of his underwear was uncovered and then disappeared into a wave of white fabric that turned the remaining of his body into a sculpture. Michelangelo himself couldn't make a masterpiece as perfect as the one laying next to me, admiring me as I admired him.

"Morning." He said with his voice spiced with heavy sleep.

I couldn't help but to smirk as it was the only way to control my newly present impulses brought by his voice.

"Say that again." I demanded as I repositioned myself and laid on my sides, to fully face him. He did the same and brought his body closer to mine.

With his face inches from mine, he responded to my pleas.

"Good morning." He said. I felt like he knew what his voice was doing to me and decided to use that against me. I didn't got a chance to complain. It was hard for me to talk when the contact of his lips were all my attention was wrapped around. "Oh-no. Wait." He said breaking our kiss. He cleared his throat before speaking again. "Bom dia." He spoke in Portuguese. As walls-melting and pulse-accelerating as his voice sounded already, I wanted to see how much has he learned.

"Vejo que você aprendeu uma ou duas coisas no Brasil. Parabéns." I see you have learned a thing or two in Brasil. Congratulations.

He took a deep breath before speaking when he gave up trying to figure out what I said. "I love when you talk foreign to me." He said with double meaning as he pulled me closer to him. By now, it was impossible to tell when my body ended and when his started. We were intertwined like vines.

His lips found mine and we lost any form of contact with the outside world. Inside this four walls, I was his and he was mine. No need to hide or lie. And we embraced it.

We started playing around his bed. Rolling left to right with the sound of kisses and giggles filling the room. His head hid on my neck as my hands traveled all over his sides while I giggled. Without a warning, he pulled his head away from me and stood above me. His eyes showed a wave of amusement as he looked down on me. I reached out and caressed his face as he smiled softly. He returned the gesture by running his fingers along my cheek, pulling a loose strand of hair behind my ear. We were neck deep on one of those moments were there was no need for words.

But these four walls wouldn't hold on forever. As if planned, both of our phones went off. We parted with groans and went looking for our phones.

"Hello?" I heard him answering his phone as I still looked for mine. Once I did, I stood up and looked at him. He was standing wearing only his underwear, as was I. He was looking up and down at me before he spoke again. "No, it's alright. I can talk."

I looked down at my phone, the caller ID was flashing Alex's name.

"Veronica's phone. How can I assist you?" I said with sarcasm. Ian's smirk towards me made a smile appear on my face as Alex answered me.

"Look, I know my timing must be impeccable," she said. Couldn't have said it better myself, I thought. "but we're all down at the studio and we've come up with some ideas. We could use your help....and presence." She said. I instantly looked around and located all my clothes. "So, get your ass dressed and down to the bar, yeah?" She said. I tried to hide my flushed face even though I knew she couldn't see it.

"....yes ma'am." Were my last words before I hung up. Ian and I turned around to face each other at the same time.

"I gotta go." We both said at the same time. We both chuckled silently as Ian walked to me. He took my face in his hands and brought his face down to mine for another kiss. His touch was sweet and careful, as if I could break between his hands. I savored his lips until he broke our contact and handed me my shirt with a smirk.