Epilogue

I watched silently as Ian was on set.

We were suppose to be looking for a lead on Megan's parents' murder and, to do it, we had to go to Megan's old house.

According to the story, Megan left right after she erased herself from Damon's memories. So her house was exactly how she had left it, only there was dust everywhere and all the plants were dead.

We had entered the room silently looking around.

"Love what you've done with the place." Ian had said sarcastically as Damon does.

"You won't love what I'll do to do if you don't stop with the sarcastic humor." I had warned. He had looked at me questionably. "Seriously. It's getting old." I assured more calmly as I made my way 'upstairs' while Ian kept walking around.

As he was walking around, he found the altar on which Megan had made the ritual still intact. The candles had all burned out, living a faint vanilla sent in the air and Ian chuckled at the memory of buying Megan those candles. As he approached the altar, he found dead rose petals spread around and a golden bowl with fabric inside.

Curiously, he picked it up to realize the piece of fabric was a shirt of his. Surprise and suspiciousness came over his face as he sniffed the shirt and found a bloodstain smeared all over. He knew instantly it was Megan's blood.

I started making my way down the stairs and he spoke at the sound of my footsteps but didn't turned around.

"I don't recall you being into tie-dye." He said. "And I am no expert but, if you are, I believe you're doing it wrong." He said turning around and showing me the shirt. I was standing at the bottom of the steps looking surprised at him. "I also believe," He said in a more serious almost scary tone. Like he could jump at my throat and kill me right there if necessary. "This is not your size."

"I can explain." I said plainly.

"What is it called? A binding artifact? Something to help you focus on the person you want to spell, right?" He said sarcastically. "It sounds right, but I doubt it. Because this is mine. Now what the hell did you do to me?" He said more angry.

"I can explain." I repeated. "I just rather not."

"Funny 'cause I don't even remember you taking a shirt of mine!" He exclaimed. A guilty look came over my face at the word 'remember' and he noticed. His look changed to a knowing look when he figured out Megan had erased some of his memories. "That's it right? Is always with the memories, ain't it?" He said frustrated.

"Relax, I didn't took anything you'd want to remember today." I said after rolling my eyes.

"Then why should you care?!" He was right in my face now. "Why do you care?"

"Us!" I said before he could keep talking. "I erased us. I knew you needed closure with Elena and I knew I only got in your way so I erased your feelings towards me." He looked surprised when I said he felt for me. "Yeah, 'feelings'. You felt for me, Damon. More than that, you loved me." My eyes had started to get watery but I held my tears back with pride. "Part of erasing memories means seeing them through your eyes. But I knew what was best for you, so I saved you the burden. I'll admit, it was stupid of me not to do the spell on myself as well but, what can I say?" I said shrugging my shoulders. In the movement, a tear did escaped my eye and went down my cheek. "I knew what was best for me but I chose you anyways..."

The next seconds were a staring contest between us. His hand brushed my tear away and, for a second, his face got closer to mine. He pulled back just as slowly and walked away.

"Cut"

-x-

"Alright." Alex complained. "That is no not true."

You could hear laughing all around the table. We were sitting outside a nice cafe enjoying the light breeze and taking in the outside world. Cars we passing by the Georgian streets and the sound of the tires against the pavement would intersect with our laughing but didn't interrupted it.

"Really!" Paul assured. "You look good with the none-blonde hair. I dig it." He said.

"Alright." I intervened from my side of the table. "It's not called 'none-blonde'. It is brunette. French for the feminine form of brunet, which is the diminutive of brun, which means brown, brown-haired or dark-haired." I said it like it was the most obvious thing ever and they looked at me at like was an alien. All except Ian. He was amazed, in awe, amused. Or at least it looked that way. I looked around the table with an awkward look on my face.

"You know, after all this years, I still don't know how or why we are friends..." Alex said. We started laughing together again as Ian started playing around with my had in his.

I looked down at our hands and saw that my right hand was locked on his right hand, which let his left hand free to play with my hair, which is what he did. I smiled shyly trying to hide my face under my hair which he was escorting away to behind my ear with his warm and confident fingers.

"It was about time." I heard Paul said. I looked up at him to find him looking back at us with an appreciative smile. I gave a small smile in return and it grew when Ian answered.

"It was indeed." He said coming closer to me and kissing me on the cheek. He laid his left hand on my left shoulder and, for the first time, I didn't hesitated on laying a kiss on his fingers. He caressed my face when I pulled away but instead of pulling away all the way, I laid my head on top his hand lightly to savor this feeling of freedom.

Of course, there was a lot of fuss after the videos and the pictures of us at the airport got out, but we have been nothing but happy ever since. And we were happy before, but I enjoy the feeling of kissing him and have the outside breeze shot my hair at every direction. And to have Ian control them by holding the sides of my face, deepening the kiss in the process. I heard faint whispers coming from the side of the table but I gladly ignored them rather that focusing my hearing to decipher what Paul and Alex were saying.

I know him. I love him. Through a thousand lifetimes, across millions of starts, I'd find him. I'd never leave him. Not again anyways. I love him, until my heart stops beating and, even then, it'll be his.

"I love you too..." Ian said before kissing my ear lightly and returning his attention to the table.

-x-

' @iansomerhalder: @Vero1996 sooo proud of all your achievements and extremely honored to have been with you every step of the way. Currently sharing her art with me and I don't have the words to explain how magnificent it is. It just is. My hat is off to you, love. Thank you for bringing your brightness, positiveness, love, and just about everything that's good to my life and making every day a dream come true. I'm in awe with every thing that is you. '

The End