Chapter 46: All Through The Night

' @iansomerhalder: She showed me a Latin thanksgiving so I'll show her some Louisianan hospitality. ✈️ '

' @iansomerhalder: @Vero1996 found the good'ol piano. Performed beautifully for the Somerhalders. '

' @iansomerhalder: I am truly humbled by all the birthday wishes. I'm spending the day with my family and the lovely @Vero1996 who has BECOME like family for all of us. Thanks for the amazing performance and for letting us experience the feeling of pure intensity that your playing transmits. You are welcome anytime you want, your presence is savored.

Love,
The Somerhalders:) '

The light of my phone became less intense as I entered the poorly lighted room. Ian's old room looked more like a guest room than any other thing. I laid on the bed loudly and looked around to find Ian sitting on a desk working on his laptop. Even though it was vacation, and his birthday -still- he was working on much important things than being in front of a camera. He has a foundation to run and he took every chance he got to do as much work as he could. So, late night was the best timing.

And, when I say late night, I mean.... 2:00 am I saw at the top of my screen. So it wasn't his birthday anymore. I returned my eyes to the picture on my screen. It was a picture of Ian and I surrounded by Ian's closest family members.

Ian leaned back on his chair and turned it so he could look at me. From where he was sitting, he could touch my leg if he stretched his arm. He laid a hand on my lower left thigh almost above my knee. That was enough for me to get the message and I was sitting on his lap obediently. My arms were wrapped around his shoulder and my hands were caressing his hair as he laid his head onto me. His arm went behind me and started caressing my back slowly, the sound of our soft breathing filled the room.

"You should be sleeping" I told him in the middle of our moment.

"So should you." He responded. I chuckled and denied the factuality of his argument with my head.

"No way." I said. The next words came through me without me being notified. "All through the night. I'll be awake and I'll be with you." I stopped dead in my tracks just then. My head traveled around those words for a few seconds and Ian noticed my state as I had abruptly stopped stoking his hair. Ian looked at me and I looked back at him when I regained my own body movement abilities. This time, a knowing smile came to my lips and I said those words again. Or rather sang those words.

"All through the night, I'll be awake and I'll be with you." I sang stoking Ian's hair. A half smile grew on his lips as he listened.

"All through the night, this precious time, when time is new.
All, all through the night today, knowing that we feel
the same, without saying, the same without saying." I sang softly, my eyes traveling through Ian's facial features, analyzing every detail deeply. I came back to my senses and looked towards his desk. "I should be writing this." I said looking for a pen and paper with my eyes.

"Keep going." Ian said quickly to take me back to the trance before starting to kiss my neck softly.

"We have no past, we won't reach back.
Keep with me forward all through the night.
And once we start a meter clicks,
and it goes running all through the night.
Until it ends, there is no end." I sang. I had nothing to sing about but I didn't wanted to stop the count I had already started so I looked around to find Ian's laptop showing a picture of a cat.

"All through the night a stray cat is crying, stray cat sings back.
All through the night, they have forgotten what by they do lack." I sang. I looked out the window towards the empty lighted streets looking for the next line to sing.

"Under those white street lamps, there is a little chance they may see you, a chance they may see you." I sang as Ian's kissing ceased, but his head remained hidden on my neck. I repeated the chorus and then sang the last line softly and stroking Ian's hair one last time.

"Keep with me forward all through the night."

We sunk into silence once again until Ian spoke up.

"You do that often?" He asked sarcastically. We started chuckling before I answered.

"That's why I should have wrote it instead. That way I don't have to-" Ian's lips didn't allowed me to finish the sentence. The hand that wasn't on my back came to my face and caress it, pushing some hair to the back of my ear. When we pulled away, Ian turned off the lamp on his desk and closed his laptop. He made a bed out of his arms and carried me to the actual bed, where we laid together. He pulled the covers on us as I made more room for him. He kissed me one last time and rested his head on my neck. His arms wrapped around my torso and I held him just like he would held me if the tables were turned. I closed my eyes after kissing his forehead as he laid a tender kiss on my neck.

We remained sleeping in between each other's arms until the sun light intruded the room form the outside. When I heard noises from downstairs -the kitchen to be exact- I made my way out of the bed without waking Ian up, changed my clothes, brushed my teeth, and went downstairs.

-x-

I was curled up on a stool from the kitchen counter drinking juice as Edna cooked breakfast for everyone.

"Now, your french toasts might be the best in California. But this ain't California, honey." Edna said jokingly. We both laughed hopefully not waking anybody. When we realized how loud we were, we covered our mouths at the same time and started laughing again, this time a little lower. When the laugh died down, she spoke again. "It's really nice having you around, you know?" She said. "I mean, Ian and you. It looks serious. I always knew he would find someone to stay with. I just wanted to let you know I'm glad it's you."

I had no idea how to respond to that. This woman has become like a mother to me. This family has become like my family. For god's sake! I'm closer to my boyfriend's mother than to my own! I figured a smile would be response enough sinse I really didn't knew what to say. I was glad to find her returning that smile. A familiar voice intruded the kitchen.

"Good morning, ladies." Ian said. He walked towards me and I stretched my neck leaning my head back to peck his lips after answering. His kiss was short but strong and my lips remained warm for long after he pulled back and walked to his mother to kiss her cheek.

In between morning conversation, Ian and I planned to walk around since it was my first time in Louisiana. He would take me on a tour by the city and, when we arrived, we would pack our things and get on planes. Planes, plural, since Ian was going back to Georgia and I was going to California to finish the album.

As it was my first time in Louisiana, I walked around like a little kid walking through Disney for the very fist time. I was taking pictures of everything and pointing at everything, calling for Ian's attention and making him look. But, of course, there's nothing here that he hasn't seen already so the look on his face showed amusement towards my enthusiasm. According to him, there was never paparazzi here so that encouraged him to take my hand and kiss my temple occasionally. I took pictures of him as well as I let him take my camera from time to time and snap pictures of me.

We took the obvious selfie for which he laid his arm around my shoulders and I kissed his cheek giving my profile to the camera. He also turned his head and kissed me as he took another photo.

Once our trip was over, we returned to Ian's house and started packing.

-x-

"I'm gonna miss you so much" said Edna as she took Ian for a hug. "And you too. Get in here." She said as she pulled me in as well and hugged us both at the same time. When we pulled away, we took our luggage and entered the airport as Edna drove away.

We went through security and arrived just in time for boarding our respective planes. Thankfully, the airport wasn't crowded and we walked hand in hand towards my gate and he stopped walking to say his goodbyes.

"I'll see you soon." He said before bringing his face down to mine and pecking my lips. Once he gave his back to me and started walking towards his gate, I boarded my plane.