Chapter 3

Sol POV

Landing on the hard floor, I groan in pain; my body feels like it's falling apart. Sitting up slowly, I look up at Natasha nervously as she gets ready to continue our lesson. Since my magic isn't very skilled, Furry decided this so I could have a backup.

So far, I suck at this; I find it difficult to pick up on her teaching and fail to show any skill under physical combat. I was never really active; I was more focused on school, so I never made it a priority after a while.

It obviously shows as I stand slowly in pain before getting in position. Natasha directs me, "Part your feet and widen your stance."

Doing so, I feel my cheeks heat at the simple mistake. Besides the obvious lack of skill, I find it hard to focus; the whispers are back. I haven't told anyone, nervous about what they would do if I told them. It was clear, they didn't trust me, and I wasn't going to push them to do so.

The whispers are so loud that they would drown out her voice, leaving me to focus on her moments or read her lips. Seeing how tired I am, Natasha stands up straight, "That's enough training for today."

Nodding, I leave the room slowly, returning to my own room to take a well-deserved nap and shower. Entering, I strip my clothes and make my way to the bathroom. Taking a hot shower, I brush my wet hair, detangling it, and letting it soak in the warm liquid. Drying off, I put some lotion on my skin and oil on my hair before braiding my long thick curls. Slipping on my undergarments, a tank top, and some sweatpants, I slip into the covers. 

Feeling myself relax slowly, I drift off to sleep.

Dream

"My sweet child, this world holds so much hate for us. We may part but just remember you're never alone."

The voice grows distant; opening my eyes, I find myself on a clear field of grass. Looking around, I find nothing, but looking up, I can't help but gasp. The sky is filled with stars that lit up the field. 

"My sweet child."

Hearing the same motherly voice, I turn to find nothing. 

"This world holds so much hate for us."

The stars begin to move, circulating at a fast pace; staring in awe, I feel a warmth engulf me. 

"We may part, but just remember you're never alone."

Whispers engulf my ears; looking forward, I find many creatures surrounding me. They speak softly, whispering, but I can't understand them. Feeling a light shine behind me, I turn to see a man and woman standing before me. Shielding my eyes from the light, I feel the whispers grow louder, falling to my knees.

The warm voice grows louder and louder, "You're never alone, You're never alone."

Dream Over

Opening my eyes, I gasp, looking up at the ceiling; I look around the room slowly. Hearing nothing but silence, I start to calm down. Sitting up slowly, I sit still, thinking back on the dream that didn't seem to fade. I don't recall having dreams when I was younger, but I can't help but feel a sense of familiarity when I heard the warm voice. 

Feeling my belly rumble, I quickly realize that I haven't eaten today. Checking the time, I see it's 1 in the morning. Getting out of bed, I stretch my sore limbs and make my way to the kitchen. Opening up the cabinet, I take out the bread; laying a paper towel on the countertop, I lay two pieces of bread before putting the bag away. Opening the fridge, I take out some honey mustard, turkey, cheese, and lettuce. Spreading the sauce on the bread, I lay the cheese, turkey, and lettuce before placing the other slice of bread on top. Putting everything away, I take a bite of my sandwich.