Chapter 32

No POV

1 year has passed with Loki ruling Asgard as King with Sol by his side as queen. He, the God of Mischief and Lies with her, is now known among the people as the Goddess of the Sun, Light, and Rain. It didn't take long for him to propose, but she refused a wedding until Thor returned; she couldn't invite the others, so she would as least want Thor to be there. He respected her decision, swallowing the anger as he wanted nothing more than to seal their love for life. 

As they ruled Asgard prospered along with the other nine realms, Sol grew more hands-on with the people. Despite her family's history, she helped them as much as she could. Spreading rain to the crops, helping the poor, and teaching the children. She grew to be loved and cherished by all and continued to be the light in Loki's life. As the year went on, Heimdall would disappear from his duties, hiding away in the shadows.

Loki didn't notice nor care, but Sol did; when confronting him, he was hesitant, to tell the truth. Sol smiled, placing her hand on his shoulder, "Whatever you're doing, I know you're doing so in good faith. I trust you and your actions."

This lifted a burden off his shoulders as he continued to watch over the kingdom in the shadows while she did in the light. Some days when the two would come together, she would ask of her friends and family on Earth. It always pleased her that they were safe, and Heimdal was happy to see the one he saw as a Queen happy by the little news. 

As the days went by, Sol began to grow worried for a different reason. She sent warriors to find Thor to tell him of his parents' passing, but he has yet to return. She sent many, but he nor they never returned. Then she ended up stopping, worried that he has gone to a place he must return on his own. That the warriors she sent faced their own deaths due to dangerous terrains that Thor roamed on. 

Sitting on the railing, she watches as the small party is filled with laughter and wine. While Loki entertains them with his tales and charms, Sol remains afar in her long silky white dress with golden edges. And the long white shawl that covered her arms from the wind. 

It hugged her curves while accentuating her dark skin that fits perfectly with the golden neck jewelry and waist lining. With a full cup, barely touched in her hand, she looks at Loki's smiling face and remains content with the atmosphere. 

Sol POV

Sensing something coming towards us, I stand, feeling the familiar energy. Turning my head towards the entrance, I smile, "Thor."

Loki hears her words, muttering to himself, "Oh shit."

Seeing him step through the darkness, he smiles, "Sol!"

Pulling me into a hug, I gladly accept, happy to see the blond once more. He turns to Loki with a kind smile, "Loki.

Nervously Loki announces him, "My brother, Thor, has returned."

The others cheer; looking up at the man, I see his confusion, "You missed a lot while you were away. Loki has become King of Asgard and his Queen."

He smiles at me, "That's wonderful, but I'm worried for Heimdall; he didn't answer the first few times I called."

Hearing his words, I give him a reassuring smile, "I'll make sure to talk to him."

"Yes, I must see Mother and Father! But do me a favor."

He hands the large item to a guard, "Lock this in a vault, so it doesn't turn into a horrible monster."

I remain silent; Loki looks down, "Thor..."

Seeing his sadness, I turn to the others, "Leave, please."

They don't hesitate, rushing off the balcony; Thor looks confused, "What's going on?"