Special Chapter - Nature

NO POV

3 years have passed since the day of the festival, with Máni, Skadi, and Salvador going on many adventures throughout the time. Máni and Salvador have decided to take a break and settle in on their own, but the rush of adventure continued to call Skdai. 

The deities above watched over the two with great interest and wished for her to find the one bound to her soul much as her mother did in her youth. Giving the girl a vision, within her dreams, she awakens with no memory. She carries a knowing, a feeling, and grabs onto it without letting go. 

Leaving New Asgard once more, she gives her farewells, promising to return. Several months pass with no word from her; while the people grow worried, her family knew better. They feel her heart, her breath from across the galaxy; they know she's safe and well.

But what happened in those long months? What took place that leads to her disappearing altogether?

Skadi POV

Stepping through the portal, I place my foot on the thick dirt. I don't know exactly where I am, but I know this isn't any of the places I've been to before. Looking around, I shrug my shoulders, deciding to go along with it. Surrounded by nothing but forest, I frown at the humidity in the air.

I sigh, "Out of all the places my magic brings me, of course, it would be somewhere moist."

Walking around the wilderness, I look around; it was fairly dark beside the specs of light that pear through. It wasn't like the forest back home; the trees were the size of giants, thick and long. Vines hung all around me while the plants that rested on the ground covered every nook and cranny of the paths around me.

Walking through them with no issue, I feel something on my leg. Looking down, I see a thick brown snake; I coo, "Awe, so cute."

Hissing at me, I pay it no mind, pushing my arm down so it can slither its way up. Doing so in a threatening manner, I proceed to rub its smooth scales. Watching as it falters, I smile, "You're just a little softy, huh?" Seeing its small size, I assume that it's only a baby.

Feeling it move around my arm, I smile, "Great; now I have a traveling companion. What should I call you..."

Thinking of a name, I smile, "I'll name you Jörmun."

Watching it snuggle around my arm, I tilt my head before continuing forward. Humming a sweet tune, I push the large leaf out of my way before continuing forward. After what seemed like hours, I can't help but feel hungry. 

Feeling my stomach growl, I summon my bag, digging in it for the fruit I stored before I left. Munching on it, I feel Jörmun slither off of me and go off ahead of me. Continuing forward, I meet up with him, watching as he kills and eats a small animal. I smile a bit, "You must have been hungry, huh?"

Watching as he swallows it slowly, he returns to his place around my leg. I point ahead, "Off we go!"

Marching forward, I look at the little things, the bugs that crawl along the way. The vines that carry the many animals that camouflage to the naked eye. The sun lightly touching my skin, it feels nice, despite the warm temperate. 

Feeling something watching me in the shadows, I stop in my tracks. Looking around slowly, I notice fierce eyes creeping towards me. Tensing, I hear Jörmun hiss as a giant boar appears before me. Looking up at it, I curse under my breath before turning to run. 

Rubbing its hoves on the ground, it chases after me. It was fast; it kept up with me nicely, but I needed to find a way to take it down; my arrows and dagger would only do so much. Deciding to cast an illusion, I don't have a chance to do so before the boar gets knocked over. 

Turning around, my eyes widen at a large black bear knocking it over. Roaring at the hit, I watch as it stands, knocking its paws against the boar. The two wrestle, leaving me in awe at the sight of such large creatures facing each other.

Watching as the boar grows fearful, it runs off, leaving the bear on its own. Looking up at it, it looks down at me, creeping slowly over to me. Calming my breathing, I hold out my hand, hoping for the best, watching it sniff my hand; it places its snot on it. I smile a bit, "Thank you for saving me."

Looking into my eyes, an idea comes to mind, "Can I hitch a ride?"

It backs away, not taking its eyes off of me, not getting a bad reaction. I take it as a yes as I fly through the air, landing on its softback. Allowing Jörmun to wrap around my waist, I sit down, patting the bear's back softly. 

Moving forward, I smile, enjoying the sound of nature surrounding me. Feeling Jörmun move around, I lay my head back, feeling sleepy. Closing my eyes, I drift off, allowing my desire and dreams to play through my mind.

No POV

As the goddess slept, the bear continues his task walking through the forest slowly. He creeps slowly to the center, carrying out the wishes of the ruler of this domain, the one who made the planet the way it is. 

While the planet bore no name, the life on it called it home and worshiped the one who turned this once dried place a paradise for them. In the center of the world, a giant tree rested; it was where he lived; it was where the horned one resided. 

As the sun began to set and the light pink moon blooms in the sky. The large black bear stands in front of the large tree that towered over the forest. Waiting patiently, the tree opens, revealing a mysterious man. Stepping out with his two hooves, the branches help him up. Looking down at the sleeping figure, he's stunned. Staring at her soft features, he picks her up gently, not minding the snake that wrapped around her calmly. 

Returning to the ground, he looks up at the bear, thanking him before returning to the inside of the tree quietly.