Chapter 29

I quietly slipped out of bed, leaving Antonio soundly sleeping behind. I headed to the bathroom and took a quick shower dressing quietly as possible not wanting to wake him. I slipped out of the room and headed for the living room, once there I noticed the laptop Elizabeth had promised. Along with fresh fruit, cheese and crackers, and what looked to be chicken salad too. Ignoring the food I opened up the lap top and turned it on. I waited for a couple of minutes for it to power up.

"Oh good she sent food, I'm so hungry I could eat you again." Antonio exclaimed as he sat down beside me.

"Why aren't you still resting? You're gonna need it you know?" I said going to Google's homepage.

"Yeah well I'll rest when I'm toes up and stinkin'. Right now I'm very much alive." Antonio retorted reaching for the chicken salad on the table.

I typed Amir Al-Esayi into the Google search engine and got numerous hits, but the only one that I was interested in though was the one about his nuptials to a beautiful African princess six months ago. The article went on to talk about how much the wedding cost, their expensive honey moon tour of Europe. Amir planned to have a lavish welcome home party for him and his brand new wife. Only the crème de la crème would attend the affair.

There were photographs of an older man in his seventies standing next to a woman that was garbed in traditional Islam robes usually worn by the women of the faith. Even however, through all of those I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that the woman was indeed my baby sister, Jamiah.

"It's her Antonio."

"What?" Antonio asked his mouth full of crackers and chicken salad. He leaned over to take a look at the screen of the laptop and frowned.

"How can you tell? That woman is covered from head to toe." Antonio said dusting off his hands.

"Because the eyes never lie and those magnificent green eyes just so happens to belong to my sister." I replied growing more convinced the longer I stared at the picture.

"Is there anymore pictures of her without the robes?" Antonio asked grabbing the laptop off of my lap and placing it on his.

His fingers flew across the keys finally coming to a stop when the screen rested on a confidential Interpol sight.
"Dang Antonio, hack much?" I asked in amazement. Who would have known he was a computer genius?

"Only when I need questions answered. What did you say that guy's name was again?" He asked.

"Amir Al-Esayi, with an I."

Antonio entered the information and gave a low whistle.

"This guy is a heavy player. What did you find out about him on Google?" Antonio asked looking up at me with the grin that always made my heart act a damn fool.

"That he's the head of several charities, and even though he is no longer allowed into Saudi Arabia, he still helps to fund the rebuilding of the capital city."

"Well I bet they didn't tell you about the child pornography ring that he runs, or the arms dealing he does in his spare time, and not to mention the long standing association he has with Juan Alejandro Juarez the head of the Colombian Cartel. An even with all of that on his plate he also launders dirty money through his legitimate businesses, and charity foundations leaving him barely enough time to steal national treasures from various countries around the world and sell them to the highest bidder." Antonio stated as his fingers continued to fly over the keys.

"You have me almost hoping that this woman isn't Miah." I mumbled.

"No such luck, because it is in fact your sister." Antonio said turning the computer screen toward me revealing a photograph of Miah and bio beside the picture in which her status was stated as spouse. Feeling that my sister was alive was one thing but actually knowing it as a proven fact flooded me with a joy so potent it was simply indescribable.