Chapter 20

When Kayla left I turned and watched. She went down the stairs that led to the yacht's cabin rooms. If she only could understand that her safety was my number one priority maybe she'd stop fighting me every damn time I tried to keep her safe. I looked over at the Jacuzzi to get Big John's attention, but it would have been a miracle if he even blinked let alone saw me signaling to him. The two freaks in the hot tub had his undivided attention. I walked over to the lounge chairs where Big John sat and took the empty seat beside him.

"When I can't be with her I think you should." I said watching one of the girls disappear under the water and the bubbles of the Jacuzzi.

"Why? She is a grown woman she doesn't need me or you looking after her." He replied his eyes never leaving the show. Oh so he was aware of his surroundings.

"Then what the hell are you here for if she doesn't need protecting?" I asked careful not to raise my voice although that was a major test.

"To help her find Jamiah and to cover her back when it needs covering."

"You put way too much faith in her skill to handle a gun and her knowledge of a few self-defense moves that they even teach to senior citizens at the Y." I replied getting fed up with his nonchalant attitude on the subject.

"And you don't put enough faith in her. Chill out she's alright. Just worry about you." Big John exclaimed giving all of his attention back over to the live porn show that was being performed in the Jacuzzi. The loud sound of a chopper interrupted the natural noise of the sea. I looked up to see a helicopter on the helipad began to rise, and then fly off toward the east. Who the hell was that? Ten minutes later Roberto came from below and walked over to where Big John and I sat.

"Oh I see that Lola and Bella have been entertaining you while I finished up conducting some pressing business matters," Roberto said rubbing his hands together with a satisfied smile on his face.

"Yes, it is rather impressive that the one on the right can hold her breath for almost a full two minutes," I replied giving the red head a flirtatious wink.

"Ah, Bella is rather gifted in many trivial things that has the power to make a man forget his purpose," he said, pride dripping from his smug tone.

"Sounds promising." I responded, forcing interest.

"Just as our future business collaboration does." Roberto replied with a laugh.

"Yes I can't wait to get to the island so that we may start discussions." I said waving the carrot in front of his face but just out of his reach.

"We will make land in forty five minutes. I will give you and your beautiful Rose time to settle in before we start making plans. Where is your Rose by the way?" Roberto asked glancing around the yacht deck.

"She went below to get some much needed rest." I replied noticing the worried expression that touched Roberto's features and disappear just as quickly. What the hell was that about?

"Well would you like to amuse yourself with my little distractions?" Roberto asked me while taking hold of both Lola's and Bella's hand helping them out of the Jacuzzi.

"No, if I amuse myself with your distractions I'm afraid you will have two less distractions to worry about if Rose was to find out." I graciously refuse.

"Well I'm sure you want mind if I excuse myself for..." Roberto started letting his words drift off before he could finish the sentence.

"No, go right ahead. I'll see you soon." I assured him, leaving him to satisfy his appetite with his on board pets.

I watched as Big John longingly stared after Roberto as he led the two women away. I waited a little while after Roberto disappeared down the yacht stairs and followed him below. Once down I stared in confusion at the doors that lined the hallway not knowing which one Kayla was in.