Chapter 10 /Antonio's POV

The whitish gray light receded the  darkness. I saw her eyes before I saw any other part of her. They beckoned me to follow her away from the horrifying memories. She was and had always been my savior, mi 'angel. My angel always stood just out of my reach. I watched as she floated farther away from me. Her sandy brown hair floating around her shoulders in waves, as if blown by a light breeze.

"Wait, wait for me Angel." I called after her. Her laugh floated back to me, a husky seductive sound which clawed at my senses. I tried to put more effort into catching her. But my legs were tangled in something that I could not see. I tried to free myself from the invisible restraint but I became more tangled for my effort. I could not move. So I watched helplessly as my angel floated out of sight. She wore a mournful expression as she went. I then heard a whisper in my ear.

"Don't worry baby your angel isn't going anywhere."

The voice startled me out of my dream and back into my condo in Miami, held captive by my bed sheets that was now at the moment tangled around my legs. My body was damp from the night sweats that I had while I slept. Kandi a beautiful blonde who looked as if she could be Scarlett Johansson's twin was trailing her hand up my thigh at a slow steady pace.

"Kandi, what the hell are you still doing here? You know I like sleeping alone." I asked. Irritated I flung her hand off of me and slid out of bed. She gave me one of her pretty pouts and then licked her full lips until they were enticingly wet.

"I know papi, but Kandi didn't wanna sleep alone." She said.

Kandi dropped the blanket she was wrapped in to expose her left breast. I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath, why did they all have to be so damn clingy.

"Look Kandi, before this all goes to hell, get your clothes on and leave. I'm going to take a shower, be gone by the time I get out, oh and lock the door behind you."

I turned my back on her and went into the adjoining bathroom. As the bathroom door closed glass shattered against it. Shit, it was definitely time for me to fire Kandi ass. I walked over to my walk-in shower, turned it on to steaming hot. Slowly, I eased under the hot spray of water; it instantly began to relax my muscles. I closed my mind off to all thoughts especially of those that included the dream.

Once I had let the water soak into me I then proceeded to wash Kandi off of me. After I showered I didn't bother with a towel I left the bathroom naked and rock hard. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea throwing Kandi out so soon. My erection quickly deflated when I saw the condition of my room. Pissed off I left my bedroom and raced down the stairs two at a time. My front door was wide open and Kandi had taken the liberty of writing fuck you on my living room wall in hot pink lipstick.

"That's real classy Kandi." I muttered to myself as I shut my door. I guess I wasn't going to have to fire Kandi since she'd just quit, oh well. I then walked into my kitchen and took out a carton of orange juice and took a swig out of the jug. The phone rang and I grabbed the one on the kitchen wall off its cradle.

"Yeah?" I answered.

I took another swig, and then put the juice carton back into the fridge.

"Are you planning on coming into the office anytime today?" It was my partner Kenyon.

"Yeah, I'm coming, give me twenty minutes. Did Morris messenger the check over as promised?" I asked as I reached for the box of cereal in the cabinet.

"It was here at eight this morning." Kenyon replied.

"Good, what time is it?" I asked, grabbing a spoon out the silverware drawer, beginning to eat the cereal out of the box.