Chapter 27

Caution: This chapter contains a sex scene, if you find offense in this please feel free to skim or forgo this chapter altogether. I will completely understand. Thanks...Now back to our scheduled program!

We pulled into the tiny port almost two hours after leaving Roberto's island. I then sighed my relief. The whole time we were sailing I had knots in my stomach and caught even more hell trying not to let Kayla see my emotional melt down. Truth was though, I had never been much for sailing and even less so after my family escaped from Cuba on a tiny raft. I watched so many of my friends drown before the American coast guards picked us up, but not before the whole experience left scars on my mental. On the island I could see a black stretched limo with a dark skin black man standing in front of it.

"He's here." Kayla said beside me squeezing my hand.

Once we were docked Big John and I climbed out and helped the ladies onto the dock. When they were out of the boat we took on the job of getting Kayla's trunk. The man that was standing by the limo came over to give us a hand, which made it a hell of a lot easier navigating it to the limo and getting it into the trunk.

Afterwards the driver turned to Big John. "I see you have found her, so I take it you are not back here to break my neck." The driver stated with a solemn expression, while amusement lit his eyes.

"Your neck is safe. Sorry about that by the way," Big John said, ducking his head.

The driver nodded, and then looked at Kayla who stood silently by my side watching their exchange. "Did you find what you was searching for?"

"I did," Kayla answered. "Thank you for all of your help Donovan, if there is anything you ever need-"

"Nonsense. Come, Elizabeth is waiting," Donovan said, walking around the car to open the back door on the passenger side.

Just as we were about to turn to get in the car, a boy no older than sixteen walked up to Big John.

"Hey Mon that there be your boat?" The boy asked with aw.

"No, that there be your boat." Big John answered tossing the keys at the boy and climbing into the limo after the women.

"Hey, are you sure that was wise?" Lola asked when we were all settled into the back of the limo.

"He's safe; the kid is not going to have it for much longer anyway. I'll bet money for nothing that he's looking for a buyer for that boat right now as we speak." I answered.

"Who are these people Kayla?" I asked not ready to let my defenses down.

"Don't worry, Elizabeth is an old friend of my mom's and has been very helpful to me ever since all of this has started. I trust her with my life." Kayla replied making sure to catch every one's gaze.

"Calm down, I'm not saying that they are bad people. I just refuse to trade one dangerous situation for another." I explained tracing my index finger up and down her arm, unable to resist touching her.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as confrontational, but I don't want you treating Elizabeth or Donovan like the enemy either, Big John." Kayla replied staring pointedly at Big John who was now laid back with his eyes closed.

"Why am I being singled out, it was Antonio that made the comment about if they were safe." Big John responded, only feeling the need to open one eyelid.

"No, all I asked was who they were. You're the one who threatened to break his neck." I put in to keep Kayla's wrath on him instead of me.

"It doesn't matter, just know that they are friends and they should be treated as such." Kayla exclaimed, putting an end to our bullshit.