Chapter 19

Three hours later Antonio, Big John and I pulled up in a limo at the location that Roberto had given to Victor. It was my idea to hire the limo, it helped with the image that Antonio wanted to project to Victor while it also solved our transportation problem. The driver opened the door for us and we climbed out of the limo one after the other, I being the last to exit. Once we were out the driver opened the trunk and started unloading our luggage doing so easily until he got to my trunk which he labored over for at least five minutes before he was finally able remove it from the trunk of the limo. Not being able to lift it for long, he dropped the wardrobe trunk which hit the ground with a thud.

"Hey, be careful with that." I called, as the driver closed the trunk of the limo and shot me a glare.

"Why the hell did you have to bring that chest anyway Kayla? You've already brought more than enough suitcases, what does that chest have in it that you couldn't possibly do with out for a weekend?" Antonio asked with a frustrated frown.

"Don't worry about what's in my chest, a woman can never have enough clothes and cosmetics." I replied with huff and not giving him the benefit of a glance.

"You've brought enough cosmetics and clothes for an army of women." Antonio mumbled to himself. At that moment we noticed two men approaching us, they were both wearing white polo shirts and tan khaki shorts; they came to a stop directly in front of us.

"Mr. Guevara has sent us to assist you with your luggage and lead you to where the yacht is anchored. I'm Ian and this is Preston." The tall bleached blonde guy said as he introduced himself and the medium height brunette guy that stood in silence at his side.

"Take the luggage and my driver and body guard will get the chest." Antonio replied nodding to where the driver had stacked our bags behind the limo. I watched as Ian and Preston hurried over to the bags and began to fill their arms with our luggage. I put my sunglasses on to prevent the sun from blinding me with the brilliance of the sunrays that reflected off the paint of the limo. Big John and the driver waited for Roberto's men to finish getting our luggage to pick up the chest and follow their lead, Antonio and I brought up the rear of the procession. It didn't take us long to get to the pier where we saw Roberto waiting for us, he stood on the deck of a huge yacht that had to be at least six hundred feet in length. The damn thing could've been a cruise ship. Once we had boarded, Roberto walked toward us with his arms wide.

"Ah, Mr. Machado so we meet again; and Rose it shouldn't be possible for you to have become even more beautiful than you were last night." Roberto greeted us taking my hand in mock shock and letting is lips graze across my still sore knuckles. I bowed my head to show gratitude to the compliment he had just paid.

"Please call me Julio, and at your allowance I will address you as Roberto." Antonio replied in a smooth tone.

"That would give me no greater honor, Julio. Please come make your selves comfortable, we will be sailing in less than fifteen minutes." Roberto told us leading us to a set of lounging chairs that set next to a rather large Jacuzzi that was positioned right in the middle of the main deck. I walked over to the closest lounge seat and sat down. Antonio chose to stand with his back to the rail. Roberto clapped his hands together and smiled with immense pleasure.

"The trip shall not take us any longer than two and a half hours, but if you would rather rest or explore other avenues please feel free to use the guest cabin below. I however, have other pressing matters that I must attend, but I will join you all later before we reach my island." Roberto said, before turning to leave with two body guards flanking his back.

I turned to see Antonio reaction to Roberto's abdication of the role of host. He too must have thought that odd because I watched a frown cross his face as he watched Roberto leave.