Chapter 15

I pulled in front of the spot Tiger told me to meet him. It had just turned eleven-thirty am. I pulled my cell phone out and text the number Kayla left at the office as a contact. I told her to meet me at the office. That I would pick her up from there, which I had no intentions of doing. Tiger knocked on the window of my car door after already trying the door and finding it locked. I hit the automatic lock on the door and he quickly climbed in.

"Shit Antonio, that trembling shit has to stop man, damn. Do you know how it would look if I'm seen with a pussy ass detective?" He asked with an attitude.

"Well when you are with one let me know." I replied.

"Once a detective, always a detective." Tiger mumbled to his self.

"What's up with your boy? Is he gone play ball the nice and easy way or am I going to have to make it hard for him?" I asked.

"Like I said before, this is all on you. I just set up the meeting which I expect to be paid for." Tiger replied as he sat back in the passenger seat and made himself comfortable.

"You will be paid pending I get what I need from our friend Victor. So you might want to help to ensure that our song bird sings," I said.

I pulled away from the curb and headed for little Havana.

"So did you split that last night? Cause I know a bitch that fine had to catch her cut." Tiger licked his lips and rubbed his hands together.

"Now do you really think I'm gonna put my business out there for someone who sells information for a living?" I asked.

"Come on Antonio, me and you both know you split that, but since you want to be a girl about it, then keep that shit to yourself." He replied laughing to himself.

Tuning Tiger out, I readied myself mentally for this meeting. I prayed that I did enough last minute ground work on this guy to benefit me. We pulled into an old warehouse in Little Havana about twenty minutes later. The building was definitely abandoned and I guess it served the purpose for the man who was now occupying it. When we approached the entrance of the warehouse two big burly guys came out. Guns visible in the waistbands of their jeans.

"What can we do for you?" The big guy on the left asked sizing both me and Tiger up.

"We have a meeting with Victor." Tiger said throwing his head up with a snort.

"Victor ain't said anything to us about a meeting," The big burly guy on the right said. Tiger still suffering with a case of his own self-importance peered down his nose at the guy which was some feet considering Tiger was a good four inches shorter than the guy.

"Look my time is money, get your boss on the phone and let him know that we're here." Tiger replied looking at his nails like the guys were beneath him.

God he was a piece of work. The guy on the left glanced at his partner, his partner nodded. He pulled out his cell and hit one button.

"Hey boss, you got a couple dudes down here claiming to have a meeting with-... Well no boss you never to-.... Okay I'll send them right up."

The guy looked up with embarrassment and told us to follow him. He led us through the warehouse to a service elevator which was so old it didn't look stable. Once on he closed the door cage and up it went at a slow and unsteady pace. The elevator groaning in protest under our combined weights. When the elevator stopped the big guy let the door cage up. He stepped off and we followed him into the wide open expanse of the room. Windows with boards across them lined the right side of the wall, casting the entire area in shadowed bars of light that gave the whole top floor of the warehouse the look of a jail cell. As soon as my eyes adjusted I vaguely made out the outline of a man sitting behind a desk. The big burly guy walked behind the desk to take up position behind the man.