Epilogue

"I am not happy with your past discretions, if this is the future the Sons have to look forward to when I'm no longer head then, then I foresee our downfall." Seref spoke, his words carefully measured and deadly calm. Two of the three that sat at the table in the conference room of Seref's office shifted uncomfortably.

"Who is responsible for this mission?" Seref asked leaning back in his chair to look over the faces that was supposed to have reported directly to him and had failed to do so.

"Father, surely I don't need your permission for every endeavor I undertake." Ethan spoke up giving away the fact he was indeed the one responsible.

"From this last debacle, you should not wipe your ass without telling me about it first," Seref said shooting Ethan a quelling look which had him swallowing any comment he may have thought to say.

"This debacle made the Son's six million dollars," Ethan's wife said speaking up and coming to his defense.

"This debacle has been the death of one of our most lucrative clients, not to mention the business associate that has been taking into custody by the American government." Seref replied his tone as sharp as a knife.

"Well we can't win them all, now can we Seref?" She asked with an insolent tone and smug shrug.

"Winning them all is exactly what we have been doing for the last thirty five years. This was just plain sloppy. Your mission was to find a girl without any familial ties and what do you bring me?" He paused to skewer them both with a well-sharpened glare. "The most influential well connected girl you could find. Her grandmother is the matriarch Clairrington, her grandfather the Commander of Staff of the Ethiopian armed forces. The last thing we need is to be taking it from both sides, from the Clairrington's and General Dahnay.

Our business prospects have been drying up like the fucking Saharan Desert," Seref slammed his fist down on the table. He leaned forward to look into his daughter in law's eyes. "If the two of you were anybody else I would have had you killed for putting in jeopardy what so many before you have died to preserve." Seref spit at her.

"Father please." Ethan pleaded in fear of what he knew his father just might do to his wife for his own failure.

"No, Ethan. Do not!" She said never breaking eye contact with Seref.

"Yes, Alejandra. Let him, for my son knows me well and he knows I may very well take your life in order to punish him. So please, let him," Seref said ruthlessly narrowing his eyes.

"Father we can fix this." Ethan tried to assure Seref.

"How Ethan, how can you fix what has already has been broken?" Caleb asked, speaking for the first time. "Besides, the time to fix this has already come and passed. Your wife should've done damage control while on Guevara's island, instead she was collecting an under the table payment that had nothing to do with the Sons of Change. By the way Alejandra you must have taken a rather nasty spill, your bruises or atrocious." Alejandra glowered at Caleb as she shifted the arm she had been shot in so it would rest a little more comfortably in its sling.

"Shut up, Caleb! This doesn't concern you." Ethan replied furiously.

"Oh but it does, for I am the reason this has all came about. What you and Alejandra did was not for the benefit of the Son's but for your wife's own personal vendetta against me." Caleb said leveling Alejandra with a cold stare.

"I pray what he says isn't true, Ethan," Seref said slowly inhaling.

"Father it is all a lie." Ethan said shooting daggers at Caleb with his eyes. Caleb didn't bother to argue with Ethan because he had his own plans for Ethan and Alejandra.