Chapter 17

I lay there for about two minutes then tested my body parts to make sure nothing was broken.

"Antonio...oh god! Antonio, Are you alright?" Kayla screamed running toward me from the opposite side of the burning car.

"Angel, I'm fine. Just a little shaken up," I replied cautiously sitting up. "But I still got all my pieces. Least, I think."

"Thank god. I thought you were still in the car when it blew." Kayla explained with wide eyes that brimmed with tears as she grabbed me and ran her hands over my body, searching for any unseen injuries.

"Angel I'm fine, I promise I'm fine." I replied pulling her into my arms and holding her. In the distance I could hear police sirens, fire trucks, and ambulances horns all hurriedly trying to make their way to our location. Finally I realized our surrounding and took in the hell that was starting to break loose around us. The people outside of the club was running around in terror trying to find the best escape route and the valet's were flat out refusing to collect anyone else cars after watching one that they'd handled earlier explode.

The club manager made his way over to us to make sure that we were not seriously injured by the explosion. Kayla helped me to stand, I had a few cuts from being hit by some of the glass that went flying from the car windows and some bruises from hitting the ground so hard but all in all I was blessed to be able to walk away from this. We walked back over to the entrance of the club and I started asking the valet questions about who was the valet who parked my car at the curb. The guy that I had tossed my keys to on the way into the club said that he remembered parking my car in the lot, but had no knowledge as to who may have left it parked at the curb. He said that it was club policy to bring all vehicles that were retrieved up to the club entrance no exceptions. While I was questioning the valet's the police showed up. Detective Douglas greeted me as he approached.

"Rodriguez, what's up? We got a call about a car explosion not a hundred feet from here. You got any leads?" He asked frowning at my ruined Armani suit and Kayla's torn dress.

"As a matter of fact it was my got damn vehicle that was blown to the fucking Milky Way and back." I replied staring over at the spot where my car still smoldered after the fire fighters had put out the flames only minutes ago.

"So you were the man having a confrontational dispute with an angry white female a few minutes before the car exploded?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Hell yeah, that bitch took a baseball bat to my car." I replied feeling rage all over again from what Kandi had done earlier. "Can you believe that? A fucking baseball bat!"

"I told you, Antonio that shit would to catch up with you one of these days. Do you think she is the one who could've planted the bomb?" Douglas asked pulling out a pad.

"No, Kandi is as dumb as shit, I think if she would have tried anything like this she would have blown her own ass up." I answered rolling my eyes at the thought of her dealing with explosives.

"Have you been working any dangerous cases lately, maybe the suspect-" Douglas began.

"All my cases are dangerous, Douglas and the suspects are even deadlier. This shit here was amateur night at the Apollo." I said cutting him off because all those bullshit ass question were only serving to piss me off more. I felt Kayla slip her hand in mine to calm me down. And it did kind of helped to curb my anger.

"Look Antonio, all I'm trying to do is help, so you can drop the shitty attitude." Douglas replied looking up from the pad that he had been scribbling on. I took a deep breath and slowly let it out.

"Douglas I'm tired and pissed off if you are done questioning me I would appreciate a ride home."

"Don't you want to go with EMS to have you and your lady checked out?" He asked with a frown.