Chapter 23

Caution: This chapter contains a sex scene, if you find offense in this kind of content please feel free to skim or forgo this chapter altogether. I will completely understand. Thanks...Now back to our scheduled program!

The opening and closing of the room door woke me. I remained still and prayed it was Antonio.

"It's me, Kayla," Antonio's familiar voice eased the tension in my muscles.

"What time is it?" I asked feeling a little disoriented.

"A little after midnight." He replied staring down at me with a frown on his face.

"It only feels like I just fell asleep," I said sitting up in the bed feeling a little uncomfortable under the weight of his gaze.

"Kayla, what the hell was that shit you pulled after dinner tonight?" He asked sitting down on the bed beside me.

"I told you I was tired. It was a long day today." I answered easily. "What's the big deal? It gave you another opportunity to be alone with Guevara."

His lids narrowed a fraction. "So you didn't go off and do a little investigating of your own?"

"No, Antonio! Do I look stupid to you? There are cameras covering every inch of this damn island." I replied.

"Yes," he said, jabbing his finger at me. "You would have to be a stupid fool to try that."

"What's really going on here?" I asked sensing there was more to his bad mood than me retiring early.

"Who the fuck knows," he yelled. "Maybe it's the stress of having you here. I don't know. I just feel like I can't effectively perform my job because I'm always obsessing over you and your safety. It leaves room for me to make a mistake and mistakes are expensive here." He explained running his hands over his face.

"Antonio, I'm not some dead weight who can't pull their own. If you make a mistake then I'm there to catch it and put it back on track. That's what partners do," I said crawling to the foot of the bed where he sat to put both of my hands on each of his shoulders.

"If you were my partner then these issues I'm having would be mute." He replied, cutting his distracting brown eyes at me. "There's more going on here than a partnership and I think you know it too, Angel."

"Yeah well, now is not the time to acknowledge that. That's where the downfall lies." I breathed in his ear as I continued to knead his shoulders.

"Ignoring it doesn't make it go away either," he said, rolling his head from side to side as a cross between a groan and moan rumbled deep in his chest, vibrating against my breast by way of his back. Turned on and undone, I rested my forehead on the nape of his neck as I exhaled my fuckstration. My hands dropped to my sides as if I stroked an open flame. "Fuck this!" Antonio turned around and his lips captured mine.

Helpless to pull away I gave in and let him stake his claim as I scoped out territory of my own. Gently, he nudged me backwards and without the benefit of thought I gave in. To his silent directions and demands. My body sank into the plushness of the comforter and mattress. He instantly climbed on top of me. The weight of his body on mine made me melt. Intimate places that hadn't been touched in years caught fire and transmuted into liquid heat, leaking from me as I anticipated the invasion of him.

His lips left mine to yank down the front of my nightgown. Once my girls were freed, he pressed my breast together and tongued both of my nipples at the same damn time. Scarlett red stars and passion pink hearts floated shamelessly across my field of vision, while pleasure charged spams licked leisurely at the walls of my core. God! I was near the end and he hadn't even started yet.