03 ● Stalker Baig

In all senses, love meant you

━━━━━◆᯽︎◆━━━━━

T H I R D P E R S O N

The peaceful night with stars blooming in the sky made Ali stare at it. His wife Rumana sat beside him. Looking at the sky together. Ali began,

"Why don't you forget about it?"

"I can't," Rumana uttered. Her voice was like a mere whisper. "I can't just forget and forgive. What happened 27 years ago will not change the reality Ali Sahab."

"He is our son. He is thriving for her mother's love Rumana. I can't just sit and see my son just grow like that. Accept your fate and just start living your life. For god's sake, it's been 27 years!" Ali breathed out.

"Even if it has been 27 years, It cannot change the reality. I know time changes everything but this can never be changed. How many times do I have to tell you that I can't accept-" Rumana was cut off in the middle by a female servant.

"Sorry for disturbing you, Bibijaan, Your dinner is served shortly. Please come in and have it."

Rumana sighed, "I am coming, you may go inside."

She got up and turn to her feet when she noticed Shuraim walking into the garden in a white kurta. He noticed her and whispered,

"Assalamu alaikum, Ammi Ji!"

But his greeting was left hanging. Rumana walked without sparing a second glance at him but she knew it was wrong to not reply to the greeting so she slowly muttered, "Walaikum assalam."

"Baba, I am ready for marriage," Shuraim stated randomly as he sat next to his father Ali on the bench and drank the glass of water kept on the front table of the huge garden.

"What was that?" Ali asked. He thought that Shuraim must be joking because he never had talked about marriage so casually.

"I am not joking, Baba. I am ready for it," Shuraim confirmed.

"And I don't think we have got the privilege to choose," Ali laughed.

"It's not like that Baba," Shuraim kept his head on Ali's shoulder as Ali asked,

"Who is she? It's very shocking to see that you had finally liked a girl for yourself."

For myself? It felt nice to him that Jannat was all for himself. Only for him.

"Heaven." Shuraim blurted out. "What?!" Ali asked bewildered.

"I am sorry Baba. Her name is Jannat," Shuraim corrected sitting straight and glancing at his father.

"Family?"

"Malik Family. Granddaughter of Shaheer Malik and daughter of Ahad Malik," Shuraim informed. "Seriously?" Ali asked. Shuraim nods his head. It was evident that Ali liked the family very much.